Workout DVD People

Options
2»

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for a gym so workout DVD's are the way to go if you are short on time. I am a fan but not a coach for beach body. They are effective and well done. I also like Jillian Michael's DVD's. They are very effective for a lot less money. I have done SLim in Six, Turbo Fire, 30 Day Shred, Jillian Michaels' No MOre Trouble Zones and Chalean Extreme. My two favorites are Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. Plan on doing some kind of hyrbrid of the two when I get back from vacation. I have ahd great results with all. It's the doing that gets the results.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I personally think they are great COUPLED with other activities...I like to do the JM 30-day shred a few times a week, in addition to my Crossfit 2x a week and heavy weight lifting 2x a week. I basically count it as cardio...so if I can't get to the gym to run I will do this instead. I think they are a nice 20-minute workout for the average person but you can't get to where I want to get just doing these dvds. The weights used are just too light.
  • fatKisses
    fatKisses Posts: 11
    Options
    Today was my first day doing P90X and I love the challenge... I also joined the gym without the personal trainer.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I honestly hate the gym. Skinny people looking at you weird, and all. Ew.

I've tried 30 day shred, didn't care for it and jillian micheals scares me. Tried P90X, thought it was too douchy. Right now, I'm working on making it through the full Turbo jam cardio party. Can't do it yet 'cause I'm fat as hell. I'm switching between doing Just dance 2 for 30 minutes to an hour and zumba sculpt and tone whenever I feel like it.
  • jacmiller
    jacmiller Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im doing insanity i love it. It is the first DVD i have done. First week i was able to see results. the only thing i dont like is the fact that the shakes are crazy expensive i love and would recommend it to anyone to try it.
  • Shushonet
    Shushonet Posts: 37
    Options
    TeaBea, thank you very much for the information!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Hi some great info here. I had a couple of questions.
    1) This may sound silly, but how much noise do some of these workouts make (insanity looks like a lot of noisy jumping around)
    The reason I ask is that I live in an old Victorian flat that creaks when you just walk around and the whole house shakes when you jump around.
    2) does anyone do these outside? If so what do you use.
    Thanks
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Hi some great info here. I had a couple of questions.
    1) This may sound silly, but how much noise do some of these workouts make (insanity looks like a lot of noisy jumping around)
    The reason I ask is that I live in an old Victorian flat that creaks when you just walk around and the whole house shakes when you jump around.
    2) does anyone do these outside? If so what do you use.
    Thanks

I workout in the garage... but you could do it outstide if you wanted..
  • AtomicDarling
    Options
    I use DVD's when I don't feel like doing other things just to sort of shake it up. We don't belong to a full service gym so they're the closest thing I have to instructor led classes, which I enjoy. Although I don't actually own these DVD's (I stream them online from Netflix!) Here's a list of my top 3 favorites:

1. Pick Your Level Pilates for Weight Loss
    ( http://www.amazon.com/Pick-Your-Level-Weight-Pilates/dp/B000GEIRBO )

2. Dance Off the Inches 15 Minute Express (I tend to use this as a follow up doing it right after a longer workout)
    ( http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Off-Inches-Minute-Express/dp/B0007WQH44/ref=sr_1_14?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307025232&sr=1-14 )

3. Super Slim Down: Pilates Yoga Blend
    ( http://www.amazon.com/Crunch-Super-SlimDown-Pilates-Blend/dp/B000CEXF8I/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307025355&sr=1-4)

EDIT: Forgot to mention. My fitness level is awful. It took me a while to be able to make it through the 15 minute video in one piece. But now I could do all three in one go if I wanted.
  • hsbi
    hsbi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump