I can't figured out my macronutrients

Options
Chela24
Chela24 Posts: 3 Member
If someone knows how to calculate daily macros please help me calculate mine I'm 254lbs female 5'2' sedentary thank you soooo much.

Replies

• Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    What macros are you looking to track? I have lost 188 lbs by tracking macros. I do 50% protein,30% carbs and 20%fat. The normal day is closer to 45 protein 35 carbs and 20 fat. Feel free to add me for support. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
  • twinsbabyweight
    twinsbabyweight Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The official split recommendations are as follows:

1-1.2 grams of protein per lb of body weight
    (=254-304grams)

1 gram of carbs per lb of body weight
    (=254grams)

.4 grams fat per lb of body weight
    (=101grams)

It probably won't equal up to the 100% graph that MFP uses so start 1st with trying to match up protein grams, then fat next. The rest can go into carbs even if it's over your calculations. My split ended up being something like 25-30%protein, 50%carbs & 20-25%fat.

Hope this helps!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I split up my macros at 20% protein, 50% carb, 30% fat.
    Something like that. That's my "zone" for best results at this stage. I function on a very high level of fitness and recreational sports performance.

For years I just followed the default MFP recommendations and focused on exercise and weight loss goals. At day's end macro's mattered little, but people make more of it than they really should for those starting out.
  • Ctbiggs
    Ctbiggs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you Google 'calculate macros' you will find some great resources. I just did that this week.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

(=254-304grams)

Is there no end to the inflation of protein guidelines ? That's 2.5 - 3 times the RDI.

1200 calories 30% from protein = 360 cals (90g) with 360 cals of fat (40g) and 120g of carbs (480 cals) would be more appropriate for a sedentary short woman, but I would start with MFP's defaults for a month.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

(=254-304grams)

Is there no end to the inflation of protein guidelines ? That's 2.5 - 3 times the RDI.

1200 calories 30% from protein = 360 cals (90g) with 360 cals of fat (40g) and 120g of carbs (480 cals) would be more appropriate for a sedentary short woman, but I would start with MFP's defaults for a month.
    This protein obsession began within the bodybuilding community perpetuated by those selling - you guessed it...PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT!

And most of those worthless powders are sugar mixed with who-knows-what...