How do you track pizza???

Options
2»

Replies

• Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I look at the toppings the pizza joint is using - then use a Round Table Pizza with similar toppings - and I use the extra large size (we order medium size so it's gone with no tempting leftovers) just to keep me honest!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yep, I find a chain store version of the pizza I'm having, weigh my serve, and log in grams. Nom!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza almost every week. A slice of a 16" cheese pizza (average crust) starts at ~300 calories, and the toppings add up. My sausage pizza comes in ~430, and pepperonni is ~350

So 2 slices are are almost 800 calories. I ate pizza 4 times in the last week and I may have it for lunch today cause I still have some in the freezer.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie: I don't track it. If I do have loads of pizza, which doesn't happen that often, I just round up to the maximum calories for the day and forget about it...
  • ClareDoherty42
    ClareDoherty42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1,000 cals of pizza yesterday. Not even sorry. Curbed a craving && I can now move on.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1 pizza at a time.

Lol. That's the way I do it. Order pizza. Eat the pizza. All of it...

Yep! I do the same with wine. Can never seem to be able to get that cork back into the bottle. lol
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I ate pizza this week from Dominos (in the UK) and I downloaded their nutritional information first and tried to make better choices i.e. thinner base and lower fat cheese. How about using a nutritional information document like that and just do your best to log the closest version to what you're having? I'm consistently losing weight and will NOT miss out on pizza - just a case of it fitting my calories for the day or even having a day at maintenance calories.

Here's an example of the how the information is displayed per slice. It's quite helpful. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    find something similar in the database and do the best you can...personally, pizza night is just kind of a free night...pizza is pretty calorie dense so I don't have it all that often...so when I do, meh...I just eat the pizza.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I use an App which tracks how long it takes my Pizza company to deliver it. I waited 45 mins the other night. Bloody disgusting service!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1 pizza at a time.

Lol. That's the way I do it. Order pizza. Eat the pizza. All of it...

Yep! I do the same with wine. Can never seem to be able to get that cork back into the bottle. lol

The cork is not supposed to go back in. You're doing it right!
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got into a really bad habit of ordering pizza at least once a week - a massive one - and eating it all! I still love pizza but one big change I've made is that when I do really fancy pizza, I get one from the supermarket and cook it myself. If I'm wanting pizza I'm going to be feeling too lazy to make it myself from scratch so getting a supermarket one hits the spot perfectly and I know how many calories are in it.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    find something similar in the database and do the best you can...personally, pizza night is just kind of a free night...pizza is pretty calorie dense so I don't have it all that often...so when I do, meh...I just eat the pizza.

Same here, pizza night is free night.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Although I don't have any problem with having pizza whenever I feel like it I don't think it's in my best interest to down a whole pizza. A large pizza is not meant to feed just one person it's meant to feed a family. The reason we got overweight is because we couldn't control how much we were eating or actually believed that's the amount of food an individual should eat during a given meal. We need to stop eating four or five slices of pizza simply because it tastes good....unless of course you don't plan on eating anything else that day. You eat a couple of slices slowly....you feel full...you stop eating. That's how it should work with any food if we are truly making a lifestyle change. If we continue with bad habits well gain the weight back once we stop dieting. Start by eating less each time you sit down because if you start making excuses for pizza well then what about the juicy 16 ounce steak or those yummy bbq wings at the pool party or the bread sticks at Olive Garden or....

Just learn to slow down and eat a normal portion.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    catwils1 wrote: »
    you know what i did last night? there was nothing good in the house so i ate some random burnt pizza crusts from a plate sitting by the sink from my brothers frozen pizza he cooked last night (you know what leaning tower ones?). Don't make my mistake, that was 300 calories (i weighed it of course) for bad pizza! if you don't give i to your cravings once i a while you may blow out your calories on burnt pizza crusts in desperation like me. I went over my calorie goal for those too!I walked briskly for an hour today to make up for that too!

*feels the need to hug you*

But yeah @ OP, I just pick the most similar, and highest calorie, item in the database when there isn't an exact match... I am surprised no one has suggested you weigh each slice then back into each ingredient by the gram *gasp*, lol.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Although I don't have any problem with having pizza whenever I feel like it I don't think it's in my best interest to down a whole pizza. A large pizza is not meant to feed just one person it's meant to feed a family. The reason we got overweight is because we couldn't control how much we were eating or actually believed that's the amount of food an individual should eat during a given meal. We need to stop eating four or five slices of pizza simply because it tastes good....unless of course you don't plan on eating anything else that day. You eat a couple of slices slowly....you feel full...you stop eating. That's how it should work with any food if we are truly making a lifestyle change. If we continue with bad habits well gain the weight back once we stop dieting. Start by eating less each time you sit down because if you start making excuses for pizza well then what about the juicy 16 ounce steak or those yummy bbq wings at the pool party or the bread sticks at Olive Garden or....

Just learn to slow down and eat a normal portion.

A normal portion for me MIGHT be a whole pizza.