How much alcohol do you allow yourself

Options

Replies

• dmswarts
    dmswarts Posts: 28
    Options
    maybe everyother weekend i have 2-3 drinks...i find when i drink more i want to snack more ..
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    only on weekends. MAYBE once a month during the week. I gave up weekday drinking a long time ago because I believed that it could hinder weight loss. Seeing that I've been on a plateau for the last, oh, 18 months or so, I'm sure that my 3 glasses of wine or couple of beers isn't actually the root cause of that.

Not giving up one of the few true pleasures I have and that is a good beer or a great glass of wine. I don't smoke anymore (2+years) I rarely eat junk, I never eat fast food, I run at least 2 times a week. Let me have my wine on a Friday night.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am a heavy drinker..it takes a lot to get me drunk like half a bottle of 100 proof rum (Captain Morgan 100 proof) So I normally only drink on the weekends. I have never had an hangover my parents say it is because of our West Indian blood. For the Month of June I will not drink at all my goal is to drink water only for this whole month and maybe the next.....
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Way too much......
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    Love beer -- I love it especially after a great workout! It's one of the reasons my weekends set me back. But I still figure them into my calorie counts for the day. :drinker:
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the DD - I don't care to drink. If/when I do I only drink one mixed drink.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    None. I never drink.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    DH battled with the booze for years.....finally saw the light & gave up in April last year. Ever the supportive wife, I gave up too.......................although I never drank a fraction of the amount he drank......

So no alcohol in my diary........water & herbal tea for me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Sue :smile: x
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    I drink most nights. It gets counted in my daily allowance, and usually I eat healthily first, then exercise for as many calories as I want to drink. Motivational, innit.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    OP here.

Thank you for all your replies! It is interesting to see everyone's stance on drinking and wellness. I find a lot of joy in having good times with friends - and the pursuit of happiness is what drives me towards my fitness goal every day. However, too often, the "good times" involve alcohol, and I am the type that finds it hard to stop (sometimes) so I am evaluating. I haven't tried a night out with friends yet without alcohol. I will experiment with that soon.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't drink at all during the week (other than the very rare, odd occasion) and if I have enough cals i'll have one beer on the weekend.

And I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove my beer. I've sort of gotten used to not drinking though now, and I was up to having 1 or 2 beers every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday before I started trying to actively lose weight.

Even in this heat, I am really only craving water.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Got my fill of alcohol when I was in the service.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    1 tequila - 2 tequila - 3 tequila - FLOOR!!
  • chmie662
    chmie662 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bud Select 55...55 Calories
  • andydude27
    andydude27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try guiness... Less calories than most light beers and comparable to the rest. Plus it's stronger than most non-light beers. Can't go wrong.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Thanks wildon, Im wondering if I know I am drinking if I would still lose weight if I stayed at my 1200 cal goal??
  • audigal2008
    Options
    Love beer -- I love it especially after a great workout! It's one of the reasons my weekends set me back. But I still figure them into my calorie counts for the day. :drinker:
    and you still lose weight?? I love beer too! If I cut my cals (food) and add "snacks" (beer) into my log and stay within the goal I am allowed wonder if its possible to lose still??
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    and you still lose weight?? I love beer too! If I cut my cals (food) and add "snacks" (beer) into my log and stay within the goal I am allowed wonder if its possible to lose still??

Take a look at my diary. Half of my calories came from mimosas yesterday and I definitely drank more than I should have over the holiday weekend. I also spent 3 hours at the pool yesterday and hit the gym in the afternoon so I worked those calories off, and then some. As long as you account for it ahead of time and make sure to increase your exercise and/or decrease your consumption, you should be good. I haven't weighed in since last Tuesday but hopped on the scale this morning and am definitely losing.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    ...... I dont drink often (one too many times of waking up with one shoe and a new best friend in my college years LOL)

I usually have a glass (or sometimes 2) of red wine with dinner once a week or so. I like Merlot and Pinot Noir- both great for the heart.

I hate beer and mixed drinks cause the above referenced situation!
  • audigal2008
    Options

Take a look at my diary. Half of my calories came from mimosas yesterday and I definitely drank more than I should have over the holiday weekend. I also spent 3 hours at the pool yesterday and hit the gym in the afternoon so I worked those calories off, and then some. As long as you account for it ahead of time and make sure to increase your exercise and/or decrease your consumption, you should be good. I haven't weighed in since last Tuesday but hopped on the scale this morning and am definitely losing.
    AWESOME I will def check out ur diary :) Thanks !