nuts

Options
Is it ok to have some nuts like almonds cashews pine nuts each day?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    deez

yeah
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Fuk yeah they are healthy calorie dense form of fats and protein. But probabaly not the best option if you are trying to loose weight. I could easily sit down and have 1000 calories worth of nuts and still feel hungry. So watch out if your trying to loose weight.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Just read your profile, I would encourage them!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yes, !!!!!
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks just read in a magazine that you shouldnt have each day i should learn to not read general magazine articals that arent written by health people!
  • dreamof_perfection
    dreamof_perfection Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes they make a great snack if you get hungry between meals. Great source of health fat/protein. Just make SURE you aren't over eating them! That is most people's downfall when eating almonds/cashews. Portion them out and you'll be golden :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Most people can tolerate nuts unless they have an allergy or intestinal issues (like IBS, Crohn's, tendency towards diverticulitis, etc).

I find that a handful of nuts, especially almonds, is a great way to up my healthy fat, protein, fiber, and it is great to move things through the digestive system.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I love cashews, almonds, and pistachios. I didn't eat then while cutting because they are just to calorie dense. But now I'm eating them almost every day.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I find that a handful of nuts, especially almonds, is a great way to up my healthy fat, protein, fiber, and it is great to move things through the digestive system.

Same here, i love Almonds!
    OP, to help you gain weight (i'm presuming from your profile info) try to eat a bag of Nuts a day.....as well as your other Meals.
    Very easy to do, while sitting and watching TV. ;)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If it's okay with you, it's okay with me! :)