Would love some new friends to encourage each other to maintain our weight and get in better shape !

Options

Replies

• adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add.
  • AndyP2018
    AndyP2018 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    2 months in and at goal weight, now maintenance, open to new friends✊
  • ChrissyAnne1959
    ChrissyAnne1959 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I would also like some friends .
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sent an add your way
  • gundon
    gundon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Free to add me.. I have an open diary
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I added a few of you, but can anyone explain the benefit of having MFP "friends"?? This is the first time I'm using the social side and I don't really see how it works!
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me people Im trying to stick with this as much as I stick with Instagram and Facebook
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    joolie1234 wrote: »
    I added a few of you, but can anyone explain the benefit of having MFP "friends"?? This is the first time I'm using the social side and I don't really see how it works!

I would say for the purpose of more motivation. Logging on and seeing people's updates and triumphs will motivate you to keep going!
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello all...very new...but holding off the weight. Down to a 1300cal from a 3700 or more. It has been a fight from day one. But i hate fatness so i will fight on. Good luck to you all with your goals and maintenance.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have 3 very stubborn lbs to lose (1 on each thigh and 1 on my belly). Otherwise I'm maintaining! Would love more friends!
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am new to this(1 month).
    I have been consistent logging food .,exercise , and posting. I don't have many friends but they have helped me immensely so far!
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. 25 female, in maintenance since Oct 2013 - but I'd especially like to add some other maintainers.
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Now see...here u are showing us the most mouth watering dishes we could ever hope for.
  • DevilishDivaKLR
    DevilishDivaKLR Posts: 10 Member
    Options

My real life friends got tired of hearing about my weight loss and exercise a long time ago. They don't realize this is my life and a lot of people seem to think you're showing off when you mention things you get excited about. It can also make people feel bad about their own lack of initiative when it comes to their own weight. So, I've learned not to mention it on Facebook or to my friends any more. Here, I can mention things, ask questions and just talk to people who are going through/have gone through the same things. A big part of most people's weight loss is mental. It's nice to hear other people's perspectives on things you're going through. Sometimes you just feel like a pat on the back for accomplishing a goal. FitnessPals are wonderful for things like that.

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. They don't wanna hear it lol. It's nice to engage with people who understand a fitness journey and can offer motivation :)
  • LibertyDefined
    LibertyDefined Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I am new to MFP, add me.
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am on my last 3 or 4 pounds, but starting to work on the maintaining mindset.
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options

My real life friends got tired of hearing about my weight loss and exercise a long time ago. They don't realize this is my life and a lot of people seem to think you're showing off when you mention things you get excited about. It can also make people feel bad about their own lack of initiative when it comes to their own weight. So, I've learned not to mention it on Facebook or to my friends any more. Here, I can mention things, ask questions and just talk to people who are going through/have gone through the same things. A big part of most people's weight loss is mental. It's nice to hear other people's perspectives on things you're going through. Sometimes you just feel like a pat on the back for accomplishing a goal. FitnessPals are wonderful for things like that.

Sam here, no one really cares about it. So having friends to motivate me here is great! :) Everyone is welcome to add me!
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi friends, I'm also looking for maintenance friends! Feel free to add me!
  • stephaniebruning1
    stephaniebruning1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • stephaniebruning1
    stephaniebruning1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use the workout site Grokker? That has been key to maintaining my weight and fitness.