Daily Protein intake

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    jmacdona2 wrote: »
    Avoid all animal protein and stick to plant protein which causes inflammation and consequent injuries. You don't need THAT much either. Beans, lentils, quinoa and ALL vegetables offer good protein.

Exactly how does animal protein lead to injuries (I assume you meant that and not how it read - that plant protein causes inflammation)?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Not sure how people are telling you that 130g is too much protein or telling you how much is sufficient without actually asking about your stats/activity level/deficit etc. 130g does not sound like a lot, depending on your individual circumstances.

Foods high in protein include meat, fish, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, egg whites. As the above posted suggested, try pre-planning your meals if you struggle. Also, there is nothing wrong with supplementing with protein powder (I like Trutein or Optimum Nutrition) or protein bars.

This. What are your stats OP? 130 doesn't sound like that much to me.

I often get 130+ though that is over my goal so some days are lower. You can look at my diary. I usually have one protein bar, meat for lunch, greek yogurt for snacks, frozen yogurt for dessert, meat at dinner, and a few little things throughout the day that add up. I can get 130 in my first 1300 calories of the day.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I eat 160-200+ grams a day, and it isn't easy at times. The most important thing for me is whey shake mix. I'd be screwed with out it. I make my own meal replacement shakes with plain whey, one cup of coffee, 4 tablespoons peanut butter, two whole eggs and two tablespoons of coconut oil. It's delicious and it's an easy way to get 1000 calories and 60 grams of protein in one meal.

If you are trying to loose weight then I'd just take out the oil and cut the peanut butter in half, or even substitute 5 egg whites in stead of two whole eggs.

I'm telling you, you will not find an easier way to get tha kinda protein down the pipe. You gotta switch it up l, if you just get your protein in from meats you won't even be able to look at meet after a week.
  • paulaharris17
    paulaharris17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your help/ advise