Lunch Ideas Please!

Options
Amanda_Tate28
Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
Hello.
I am struggling to make healthy & easy lunches. I need ideas for ones to make at home and eat at home and ideas for ones that will work for lunch boxes. I can't live on tuna sandwiches and luna bars for forever. :P
Thanks!

Replies

• gardenbikefamily
    gardenbikefamily Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Carrot dogs are so simple to prep and have very little calories. Liquid smoke is the key to ur marinade. Follow any recipe online, very easy. U can easily prep 8 in less than 10min giving u a few meals of them.
  • umm_amirah
    umm_amirah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just had a can of sardines in water, half a can of chick peas, thinly sliced red onion and 100g of raw broccoli florets. Squeez of lemon on chick peas and sprinkle of pepper. Doesn't sound that nice but I really enjoyed it instead of a boring salad with usual bits.
    Try it
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I rotate between a few different salads (I use bento boxes to keep the ingredients separate) - garden salads, roast vegies etc. Usually with a tin of tuna or some poached chicken breast and some quinoa. Occasionally some chickpeas and fetta. I mix it up.

Frittata with some steam vegies on the side. This is my go to recipe https://www.thehealthychef.com/2012/06/egg-white-greens-frittata/

Various vegetable soups that I make in bulk and portion up. Most of them are from the healthy chef website too, the carrot and leek one is my favourite.

I do a meal plan for the week and map out where I can take leftovers for lunch too. I also prep 2-3 days of lunches at a time.
  • Jerzeegirl13
    Jerzeegirl13 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of grilled chicken. I mix it up with different salad ideas and veggies. I'll also do a grilled chicken wraps or turkey wraps. Love mozzarella and tomatoe salad. Sometimes I'll do egg white burrito. Cod or Tuna with veggies and brown rice.
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pan fried salmon with chilli sauce, sweated spinach and sauté potatoes.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    A thank you for the ideas everyone keep them comming :smile:
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    Carrot dogs are so simple to prep and have very little calories. Liquid smoke is the key to ur marinade. Follow any recipe online, very easy. U can easily prep 8 in less than 10min giving u a few meals of them.

I looked these up. That is really interesting and I would be interested in trying them. I already like veggie dogs way way more than normal hotdogs. And carrot dogs would be cheaper
  • kbrown119
    kbrown119 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soft-boiled egg on toast is great! Less than 200 calories, but keeps you filled for awhile.

1 piece of toast
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    1 soft-boiled egg (boil for 6.5 minutes)
    Salt and pepper to taste

It's also good to add some avocado slices :) Makes a great breakfast, too, but I find it's a good any-time meal
  • Supersallysunshine
    Supersallysunshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    reduced fat tricuits with pizza sauce and mozzarella, bake for above 8 mins at 350. Or use a small whole wheat tortilla shell.
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm having brown rice and chicken mixed with fajita seasoning. Made it all in a big crockpot and made 9 servings from over 3lb of chicken. I just stored it in portions and microwave when ready. Before that I did turkey sandwiches. I've done turkey meatloaf before (pretty good, btw). Next week I'm doing turkey stroganoff with proteinplus noodles and some of the new fairlife milk on the side (highly recommend). You can do turkey chili or stew pretty easily. I make turkey sloppy joes when I have the urge for it-my boyfriend was doubtful until he tried it but he really likes it. I've done pork chops (bone in) with some fat free cream of mushroom soup on top and green beans on the sides. You could also do an egg and ham/turkey casserole, chicken or turkey enchiladas, or turkey tacos on lettuce instead of shells.
  • ashlhr
    ashlhr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • pahumy
    pahumy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like foil dinners for tasty,easy, hot lunch. Take piece of foil layer small potato, carrots, celery, onion,bell pepper, place 3 oz. Patty ground beef or turkey or chicken breast on top. Spices vary to your taste. I like just salt and pepper. Wrap tightly and bake about 40 min.at 400 deg oven. Yummy to me. So watch for liquid and steam opening packet.