Diabetes is in Remission!!!

Options
gainesma
gainesma Posts: 96 Member
Diabetes fully in remission

I've eliminated over 350 insulin injections in the last 11 weeks eating high fat, moderate protein low carbohydrate eating lifestyle.

I'm also losing 2 to 3lbs per week as well!!!

I'm happy to be diabetes medicine free. Look into ketogenics eating to reverse diabetes within days and control your blood sugar better than drugs. You don't have to be a prisoner to insulin ever if you're a type2 diabetic.

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress you've made!!!!!
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WOW great job gainsma :)
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Eliminating medication is the best NSV! Congratulations!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    great job
  • gainesma
    Options
    Thank you...
  • gainesma
    Options
    Fantastic progress you've made!!!!!

■■■thankyou!!!■■■
  • gainesma
    Options
    shmulyeng wrote: »
    Eliminating medication is the best NSV! Congratulations!

■■■Thank you!!!■■■
  • gainesma
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    great job

■■■THANK YOU!!!■■■
  • gainesma
    Options
    WOW great job gainsma :)

■■■Thank you!!!■■■
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I work with a physician who preaches this as the absolute most beneficial way of eating there is. I believe him, and I'm sure you do too now!!!! Great job, congratulations!!!!!!!!!
  • Butterflies_And_Chaos_
    Options
    That's amazing!! My mom has Type 2 ~ thanks for the tip as we'll be checking into this! Congrats on your success :smile:
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm diabetic as well and I've been debating going back on a similar diet. It does work and it seems that I can only lose weight when I drastically restrict carbs. The stress on the kidneys from eating this was scares me a little.

Congrats keep up the good work.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am pre diabetic and since I am already thin and work out 5 days a week I have few options other than changing which food groups I eat and medication. What % of each does your doctor recommend you eat?
  • KristinaHajjar
    KristinaHajjar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What do you eat?
  • gainesma
    Options
    I try to eat according to macro ratios. 65 to 75% fat; 20% protein & 5% or less carbohydrates.

Fats: Butter, coconut oil, olive oil, bacon & bacon fat added to all meats and green vegetables I eat. I eat the skin off chicken, eat the fat off steak and prefer the less expensive fatty mests. I eat high fat sausages, summer sausage etc to insure I'm driving up the fat ratios. I eat an avocado or two per day. I eat rich fatty cheese, I eat sesame oil, avocado oil etc. I avoid all vegetable oils like the plague....

Proteins: I eat fatty proteins such as ribeye steaks, chicken +skin of thighs and drumsticks, same with turkey and Cornish hens ( I let the wife eat the breast meat as it's not as fatty and she likes them) I eat fish with skin on, sardines, smoked oysters, all sea foods dipped in copious amounts of fats via melted butter, I eat 3 or more eggs a day cooked in butter, bacon bacon bacon. I make a fatty pot of low carbohydrate chili and each serving gets sour cream & cheddar toppings, if it's a meat high in fats it's on the menu without exception unless it's ribs with bbque sauce ( a big no no) my ribs are smothered with a dry rub and butter sauce only. ■■only eat protein in reasonable and moderate levels. If you're binging just eat the fattest thing I c as n find and hunger goes away and blood sugar stays low, try to choose Fat over even protein■■

Carbohydrates; All leafy greens are okay served with high fat low sugar dressings only with your salads. I eat broccoli, spinach, kale, seaweed, collards, turnip greens, lettuce, zucchini, yellow squash etc. No starchy veggies ever. Also when eating any veggies I always look at the amount to insure I'm staying within my 30g rams per day limit.
  • gainesma
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I am pre diabetic and since I am already thin and work out 5 days a week I have few options other than changing which food groups I eat and medication. What % of each does your doctor recommend you eat?

Well my cardiologist s imply wants me to stay low carbohydrate. But with me doing ketogenic eating I'm running with my macro ratios at 65 to 75% fat; protein 20%; carbohydrates 5% or 30 grams max per day.
  • gainesma
    Options
    I'm diabetic as well and I've been debating going back on a similar diet. It does work and it seems that I can only lose weight when I drastically restrict carbs. The stress on the kidneys from eating this was scares me a little.

Congrats keep up the good work.

■■■ A high protein diet can stress kidneys. A high fat diet does not. Usually a high protein diet is of concern if your kidneys are already weakened from disease or poor function. Ketogenics is a high fat & moderate protein and low carbohydrate program. It's highly satisfying to eat too. Wright loss is slower than Atkins at first because you are eating higher calories in fat. But after 3 to 4 weeks if you stick to it you will lose 2 to 3 lbs a week. When I started 11 weeks ago I was eating 3 to 4k calories per day with 75% coming from fats. By week 4-5 I noticed I was eating 1200 to 1600 calories per day while still eating 65 to 72% fats. As I adapted to fat burning I was needing less substance for energy because when I'm not eating I'm efficiently burning my own body fat...

Honestly read up on this ketogenic dieting on line with Dr Volkes, Noakes, Dr Attia and others have excellent youtube lectures. I especially liked the Dr Jason Fung series of videos regarding the etiology of obesity and diabetes lectures. I'm planning on adding intermittent and hard fasting to my plan as well...

I was shooting insulin 5 to 6 times a day. My doctors said get used to essentially...At one time I was taking 2000 mg of metformin, Novo log fast insulin injections for before meals and Lantus slow insulins at night before going to bed. I was indeed turning into a nonstop shoot me up human pin cushion.

By day 3 of eating ketogenics high fat moderate protein & low carbohydrate my sugars began to rapidly normalize. Prior to this diet approach I would have sugars swing from 55 to over 300 with 60 day averages in the 150 to 170 range. After starting ketogenics my sugars swing from 90 to 135 with 60 day averages of 115. ALL WITHOUT ANY DIABETES MEDICINES.MY BELLY IS MUCH HAPPIER NOW....

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • gainesma
    Options
    That's amazing!! My mom has Type 2 ~ thanks for the tip as we'll be checking into this! Congrats on your success :smile:

■■■sure and I wish your mom success. The medical doctors mean well but they really aren't trained in teaching people about the best dietary rules to reduce this dreadful diseases symptoms. They just want to toss drugs at it treating the symptoms versus the cause. It's a long hard journey to get the real skinny on this disease, but once you understand a diabetic needs to regulate both high sugars and high insulin simultaneously and that this is easy to do with diet you can avoid costly medicines that simply make you sicker and more dependent on drugs in both the short and long term...
  • gainesma
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    I work with a physician who preaches this as the absolute most beneficial way of eating there is. I believe him, and I'm sure you do too now!!!! Great job, congratulations!!!!!!!!!

It's been a godsend to my diabetes. Hey guys than run ultrmarthon races eat a ketogenic diet for goodness sakes and they are smashing records too. The LA LAKERS are adopting it too and the country of Sweden has new government guidelines adopting high fat, moderate protein low carbohydrate eating. Their review of all the old and current data has shown then that the FDA guidelines are what started making us sick to begin with. If you want to avoid getting fat or diabetes you have to embrace the fats and remove these or greatly restrict carbohydrate.

I found this 1960 episode of Andy Griffith Show on this very topic. See at one time when most of America was skinny even they knew carbohydrates were at the center of obesity and diabetes...

This is short yet ironic....

https://youtu.be/ihOi56J17Hw
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well done hun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!