What's your best piece of home exercise equipment?

Options
FearOfFrying
FearOfFrying Posts: 127 Member
bought myself a powered running machine with incline etc, which is fab. But I only do power walking on it as I have a bad back, anyone else recommend something they have bought that does the trick? Gym membership is very expensive here in the uk, and too far away to make it practical, suggestions please.

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    definitely my yoga mat. and dumbbells come in second :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    my best piece of equipment is my mind.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Bed
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    6 year old Golden named spencer! lol
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Curl bar and weights - very versatile - you can do so much more than just bicep curls...triceps, shoulder press, front squats, bent over rows, ab rolls.

I'd have to say resistance bands are second because they are versatile as well - you can do a total body workout with these bad boys and feel it too. Plus, you can take them anywhere and they take up very little space.
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My Wii and my Havanese :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    my best piece of equipment is my mind.

Excellent answer, Poedunk! :drinker:

Without hesitation, I'll say my kettlebell. The most versatile piece of equipment I've ever used - and very storage-friendly. :smile:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My mountain bike. I know this isn't probably what you meant by home exercise equipment but it is my favorite thing. We have a treadmill also that I do love, but can't take that out on a nice evening for a long ride or to the mountains to go camping/riding.
  • Lucy1Green
    Lucy1Green Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sole Elliptical! Love it! The interval training is great, and it is easier on the joints than treadmills and other things that cause pounding on joints. My orthopaedist suggests either the elliptical or swimming for fantastic cardio that is not hard on joints.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    definitely my yoga mat. and dumbbells come in second :)

Agreed. My yoga mat and dumbbells are all I need for a good home workout. =)
  • destinationparadise
    Options
    My Total Gym is my favorite. It works everything.
  • basilbrushthefirst
    Options
    A pedometer - makes me do 10,000 steps per day. Outside of that, a bike - much better to sustain exercise when outdoors
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have so many.....but I have to say it's my MTB....getting outside and getting lost in the woods for hours doesn't feel like exercise! :wink:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    treadmill, love my stepper too. Stepper only cost me 10 euro, so that's another plus!!
  • AugiPug
    AugiPug Posts: 3
    Options
    Check out the Air Climber. It will provide a total body workout and is low cost. Works well for all ages.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm with Joanie... I like having a mat and some dumbells... you really don't need much to get into shape (and running shoes and a neighborhood!).

Best,

Debbie
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My treadmill. I can incline it like I"m walking up a steep hill or make it level, or I can make it so I walk slow or speed it up to run fast. I use it every day. Sometimes I take a Sunday off.

After my treadmill I"d say my elastic bands, then after that my big ball but I hardly use these two things.

Oh yeah, I use my kitchen counter to do arm exercises, kinda like standing up push-ups...? lol. I stand about a foot away from the counter, stretch my arms out and put my hands on the counter. Then I bend my arms so my chest is almost touching the counter then I straighten my arms back up. I do this for a few minutes or until whatever is in the micro wave is done. lol.

There are all kinds of things you can use in your house for free rather than spending a bunch of $$ to join a gym. Use your imagination!
    Good luck to you.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My sneakers.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I can't pick one as the others would feel left out :P

I have in front of tv:
    elliptical
    2lb weights (for boxing)
    35lb kettle bell
    resistance bands
    yoga mat
    foam roller and massage balls
    stretch band
    fit ball

Some f these are exercise related and some prehab/mobility related :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My music collection. I'm useless without good tunes to get me going.