Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

60lbs to lose and afraid of failing...again

I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and have since gained 60lbs back. I'm feeling low, depressed and angry for allowing myself to fall. I love to eat, it's almost as if it is an addiction. What's worse? I hate to workout because I'm embarrassed, I am weak, and it's a daily reminder of my failure.

HOWEVER, I have decided to change my outlook, stop feeling sorry for myself, and change my lifestyle for good. I'm tired of being tired and embarrassed of my body. I am a beautiful person on the inside and I want to match on the outside (not that being thin=beautiful, just to feel more confident ). I need all the motivation I can get because I want, need to succeed. Thankful to anyone who wants to join in with me and to motivate me. I am ready to live!

Replies

• Nance_61
    Nance_61 Posts: 24 Member
    Good luck! I hear where you're coming from. I've posted my first goal as 34 pounds but in reality I would like to lose closer to 50 - but I need to walk before I can run. You can do this!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You've done it before and I know you can do this again. This time when you get to your goal weight remember you are not done. Don't stop logging until you feel comfortable to let go.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum pages. I like this one

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Best wishes :)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    You are much too hard on yourself. It's a bad habit many of us have. We say things to ourselves that we would never say to someone else.

I put off working out because I was embarrassed too. I had gained weight for an unknown reason (I had maintained a 15 lb loss for 2.5 years, was still monitoring what I was eating and was working out). I just started packing on pounds until I was up 50 lbs in five months and was the heaviest I've ever been. It was awful. I was so embarrassed and very self-conscious. I stopped working out. For me, starting hormone replacement therapy was the big change I needed mentally. It was a slow process though. My energy greatly increased (everything didn't seem like such a huge chore anymore). I bought a Fitbit, which showed me how much I don't move during the summer since I'm not working. That got me taking walks every day with my dogs to help them out as well. Then, over time, the walks got longer and longer until they weren't enough anymore so I started doing kickboxing dvds again. Then, just recently, I realized those workouts are now too easy so I broke out my tougher ones.

When I first started walking two months ago I felt so out of shape and discouraged. But, I didn't let that stop me. The key for me was not pushing myself and not expecting to be how I was before. I now feel amazing! Being more active makes me feel better, which makes me less hard on myself. I don't look very different (losing these pounds is still incredibly hard for me) but I feel much more confident and that makes a huge difference.

• Ctbiggs
    Ctbiggs Posts: 99 Member
    Been there myself, actually there now and started back recently. Add me if you want.
  • tchampton24
    tchampton24 Posts: 7 Member
    Nance_61 wrote: »
    Good luck! I hear where you're coming from. I've posted my first goal as 34 pounds but in reality I would like to lose closer to 50 - but I need to walk before I can run. You can do this!

• tchampton24
    Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me. We can do this, failure is no longer an option! Many thanks!
  • tchampton24
    Kincar wrote: »
    You are much too hard on yourself. It's a bad habit many of us have. We say things to ourselves that we would never say to someone else.

I put off working out because I was embarrassed too. I had gained weight for an unknown reason (I had maintained a 15 lb loss for 2.5 years, was still monitoring what I was eating and was working out). I just started packing on pounds until I was up 50 lbs in five months and was the heaviest I've ever been. It was awful. I was so embarrassed and very self-conscious. I stopped working out. For me, starting hormone replacement therapy was the big change I needed mentally. It was a slow process though. My energy greatly increased (everything didn't seem like such a huge chore anymore). I bought a Fitbit, which showed me how much I don't move during the summer since I'm not working. That got me taking walks every day with my dogs to help them out as well. Then, over time, the walks got longer and longer until they weren't enough anymore so I started doing kickboxing dvds again. Then, just recently, I realized those workouts are now too easy so I broke out my tougher ones.

When I first started walking two months ago I felt so out of shape and discouraged. But, I didn't let that stop me. The key for me was not pushing myself and not expecting to be how I was before. I now feel amazing! Being more active makes me feel better, which makes me less hard on myself. I don't look very different (losing these pounds is still incredibly hard for me) but I feel much more confident and that makes a huge difference.

• tchampton24
    What an amazing journey of strength and determination! Thank you for the powerful words and motivation! I hope to someday find some of these things easy...what a feeling that must be!
  • tchampton24
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You've done it before and I know you can do this again. This time when you get to your goal weight remember you are not done. Don't stop logging until you feel comfortable to let go.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum pages. I like this one

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Best wishes :)

• tchampton24
    I can never stop, it is definitely a lifelong journey. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement!
  • ronrhoda
    ronrhoda Posts: 91 Member
    Oh you got this girl!! You are not a failure! Might have back stepped a bit, but it's nothing you can't take care of it!!
    Keep it positive!!
  • kangabear
    kangabear Posts: 2 Member
    Firstly well done for getting back onto your healthy lifestyle plan. I, like you,lost alot of weight but it has slowly crept back on. Hence coming onto mfp to lose my excess weight.
    The positives that i read from your post are:
    1. You are still 40 lbs lighter than your pre weight loss weight ( thats 18 bags of sugar. Try carrying that around with you for a full day)
    2. If you can do it once you know you can do it again
    3. Having had a lapse, it allows you to identify where you went wrong and learn new strategies to be even more successful next time round.
    4. Your post reflects a lot of determination and focus to make long term changes

I wish you the best of luck inyour journey. Every time you feel like giving up, read your post and keep moving forward.