Advice please.

Looking at starting ldnmuscle but I'm struggling on how many calories I should be eating. Is it 5 meals a day and handful portion sizes or do I weigh everything? All advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    What are your goals? Meal timing doesn't really matter.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Looking at starting ldnmuscle but I'm struggling on how many calories I should be eating. Is it 5 meals a day and handful portion sizes or do I weigh everything? All advice will be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Their website is full of great transformations. That was very inspiring.

Maybe somebody here can guide you.
    I would suggest you simply follow the MFP recommended food intake based on 1 pound per week weight loss.
    Good luck with your goals whatever you decide!
  • liamalmighty
    liamalmighty Posts: 2 Member
    Put your details into a BMR calculator - this will work out how many calories your body needs to run without any exercise whatsoever. Take that number, multiply it with your activity level using the "Harris benedict equation" (type it into google, it will make sense)- this will tell you how many calories you can eat on a daily basis to maintain your current weight. To add lean mass, add 250 calories a day to that number. This should increase your weight by half a pound a week - any more and you will gain excess fat. Make sure you get in about 1-1.5g protein per lb you weigh, fats should be around the 0.5g per lb and the remainder should be carbs. Have fun, it's a stressful road my friend
  • dantheman814
    dantheman814 Posts: 3 Member
    What are your goals? Meal timing doesn't really matter.

I've gone for the cutting guide, I'm a little out of shape and I've not been to the gym for over a year. I'm looking to cut down before I bulk up, if that makes sense but have always found dieting the hardest part.
  • dantheman814
    dantheman814 Posts: 3 Member
    Put your details into a BMR calculator - this will work out how many calories your body needs to run without any exercise whatsoever. Take that number, multiply it with your activity level using the "Harris benedict equation" (type it into google, it will make sense)- this will tell you how many calories you can eat on a daily basis to maintain your current weight. To add lean mass, add 250 calories a day to that number. This should increase your weight by half a pound a week - any more and you will gain excess fat. Make sure you get in about 1-1.5g protein per lb you weigh, fats should be around the 0.5g per lb and the remainder should be carbs. Have fun, it's a stressful road my friend

Thanks for the advice I'll try and follow what u have suggested, might take me a while but I'm sure I'll get there in the end.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    You input your data into MFP, along with your goals, then eat that number. Remember, it is a base and you will be earning more with exercise. As stated above, meal timing is irrelevant. It's all about CICO.