Does this ever happen to you....?

Options
Okay, so one day my scale'll read 189.0 which I'm okay-ish with. the next: 190.0, like literally the next day. Then i'll check it in a few hours like maybe 7 hours later- and it read 187.5!!!! What the heck? I mean, what should i do? sometimes I weigh myself with my street-clothes and then at night I'll be in a nightgown. Could that be why it's topsy-turvy!?? Thanks :)

Replies

• deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are weighing yourself too much!! You should limit it to once a week, say Monday morning, get out of bed, go to the loo, and then weigh yourself either naked or in your pyjama's, always do it the same time and the same or similar clothes, then you get a more accurate reading.
  • Pookie1963
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, I think that makes a difference. Haven t eaten, so I haven't retained water or whatnot. But I do the same thing if I weigh several times a day, always weighing most in the evening. I stopped doing that and weigh just once a week or so, cause for me, if I gain even a few ounces, I get to discouraged.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It's nothing to worry about. Your weight will fluctuate over the course of the day, it's perfectly natural. As Deb said, it's better to weigh yourself only once a week at the same time and wearing approximately the same clothes.. Though I'll admit to checking my weight during the week, I take nothing seriously until my official weigh day.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess over the scale, first thing. The scale fluctuates over so many different factors.
    Try weighing yourself at the same time. Preferably first thing in the morning, before you eat. Once or twice a week is enough. I prefer to weigh myself on Fridays, since I've had a good long week of working out and eating right. I try to avoid Mondays, since I've probably cheated on my diet or had a day off from working out.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    :smile: Okay, thanks for all the advice!! I'll try to weigh myself once a week. it's just hard not to look at that scale!!! :mad:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Same day. Same time. Naked. Same Scale.