SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- AUGUST 2015 CHALLENGE

Options
Wow...August already!!??

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• allison9991
    allison9991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will join you in this challenge! This will be my first challenge on MFP. I am going to not eat past 7:30 PM.
  • bebogrrl
    bebogrrl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @lamlam2013 Thank you I will be joining you for the August Challenge!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,134 Member
    Options
    Starting in August I'm going to have my cut off @ 8 since hubby don't get home sometimes till 7:30! This month will be tough since one weekend is hubby's reunion and the end of the month we're going to a bed and breakfast for the weekend! I can do this!!!!
  • sloth45
    sloth45 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fresh month, feeling positive :)

Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will try to improve on my July results. In July my numbers were ME: 21; LNS: 10. Goal is only 5 LNS. Bit of a challenge for me, but hey that's what challenges are! Good luck everyone! Cheers, Marian
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Thanks for having this again! This will be an important month for me. I usually start slipping here and there the second month of weight loss. I can use the accountability. :)
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ready to go for August! TY for the new challenge! My goal is to continue improving from last month! One note, I will be on a mission trip the last 2 weeks and won't be able to log in until I get back. So let the challenge begin and good luck to everyone o:)

• judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ready to go for August! TY for the new challenge! My goal is to continue improving from last month! One note, I will be on a mission trip the last 2 weeks and won't be able to log in until I get back. So let the challenge begin and good luck to everyone o:)

July stats: ME: 28 LNS: 3 Streak: 14
    Goal 1 improve on last month's score and 2 stop the yo yo streaking, be consistent! o:)
  • soldier09mami
    soldier09mami Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OMG--I need this so much. I am fine all day and then the kids go to bed and hubby is out of town and the only thing that makes me feel better is 9 cookies and a cup of tea!!!! No one needs 9 cookies at 10pm--no one!!!! I can make my cut off 8pm. That one change would help me get to my goals much easier!
  • Golda5775
    Golda5775 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This challenge is awesome!!!!
    Me 1
    LNS 0
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!
    Me: 1
    LNS:0
  • ziaannalise
    ziaannalise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first post, I'll join you on the challenge
  • watersedgepnw
    watersedgepnw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will be joining the August challenge. Late Night Snacking has been my problem for months and it has to stop. I just restarted and so far I have kept to the program for two days - not much but a giant step for me.
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need. Whenever I sabotage myself, it's doing this. So I'll join and make my goal no caloric intake after 8PM and hopefully no more than LNS:5.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm totally going to kick some booty on this challenge! My goal is to loose 5 pounds this month!!!!!!! Hubby loves his sweets while watching TV at might! I made him a pie and don't him NONE for me, no no no!
    Me: 1*
    Streak : 16
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I will be joining the August challenge. Late Night Snacking has been my problem for months and it has to stop. I just restarted and so far I have kept to the program for two days - not much but a giant step for me.

Hey, you take one day at a time, you can do this!

• TashuaC
    TashuaC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*
    Streak : 1
    Been away for some time but trying again.
  • littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    New month, feeling this is my goal to work on.....
    Starting today!
  • chadisallin70
    chadisallin70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My first challenge on MFP as well. This has probably been one of (if not biggest) obstacles since trying to transform my lifestyle about 4 months ago. I have to say though...I'm starting out down 1.

LNS: 1
    Me: 0

I'm putting on my rally cap though!!!