water

Options
What is the ideal amount of water intake a day? And which is better cold or warm?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say there is an ideal, as water intake can change day to day due to different activities.

i.e. on a rest day I drink around 2-2.5L, on a workout day it's usually 2.5L-3.5L

I usually have it near room temperature so I can drink it relatively fast..
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Follow your thirst
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Unless you have a medical or psychological problem that interferes with your sense of thirst, you can trust it.

No need to measure, count or check the color of your pee to see if you need something to drink or not.

No temp is better than another. Cold, warm - it's a matter of personal preference.

Just drink when you're thirsty. :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    How ever much you want. Heard it should be weight ÷ half to get your ideal amount. Anyways, I usually drink 9-10 cups.

Cold is always better!
  • Ctbiggs
    Ctbiggs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cold makes it taste so refreshing. I drink a gallon while at work and a few cups in the morning and several through the evening. I live in the desert, gotta stay hydrated!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Unless it's super hot, probably drinking when your thirsty is a good plan :smile: I personally try to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but I am thirsty a lot. Being mindful of it means I don't get as dehydrated as I've sometimes let myself get, and reduces my headaches. I try to drink 1-3 large glasses of water before breakfast, because I drool in my sleep (yeah gross) so I get a bit dehydrated. I find it helps me feel better. But I've read that we get most of the water we need from the food we eat anyways. So there isn't really a right or wrong answer, short of "none" or "1000 Litres/day" :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I drink enough to have very light yellow urine.
  • rockmyspocks
    rockmyspocks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of water before every meal so I don't overeat, as well as a glass of water whenever I feel hungry because it's usually just dehydration. I used to sit in front of the television just mindlessly drinking soda through a straw but now I do it with water and can get about 2 litres in that way :blush:
  • horayogesh
    horayogesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say there is an ideal, as water intake can change day to day due to different activities.

i.e. on a rest day I drink around 2-2.5L, on a workout day it's usually 2.5L-3.5L

I usually have it near room temperature so I can drink it relatively fast..

Thanks mate!
  • horayogesh
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Follow your thirst

Yea that was helpful!
    I'm usually very thirsty and I sweat alot too , somewhere I read that we should intake at least a gallon a day while working out!
  • horayogesh
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Unless you have a medical or psychological problem that interferes with your sense of thirst, you can trust it.

No need to measure, count or check the color of your pee to see if you need something to drink or not.

No temp is better than another. Cold, warm - it's a matter of personal preference.

Just drink when you're thirsty. :)

Thanks for your reply, I don't have any medical problem , I'm usually very thirsty , I sweat alot too , I read like cold water helps you burn more calories as body works out to put it at body temp. ,is it true?

And what's with urine color? I never got it? Is it because of dehydration ; fatigue or body detox?

• horayogesh
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    How ever much you want. Heard it should be weight ÷ half to get your ideal amount. Anyways, I usually drink 9-10 cups.

Cold is always better!

Thanks bud!
  • horayogesh
    Options
    Ctbiggs wrote: »
    Cold makes it taste so refreshing. I drink a gallon while at work and a few cups in the morning and several through the evening. I live in the desert, gotta stay hydrated!

Thanks bud! I have similar thoughts but I don't live in a desert but temp. Is usually around 45°c so yeah it gets very hot!
  • horayogesh
    Options
    I usually have a glass of water before every meal so I don't overeat, as well as a glass of water whenever I feel hungry because it's usually just dehydration. I used to sit in front of the television just mindlessly drinking soda through a straw but now I do it with water and can get about 2 litres in that way :blush:

Yeah nice strategy, I'l try that at movies so that I don't end up having a litre of soda!
    Thanks bud!

• horayogesh
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »
    Unless it's super hot, probably drinking when your thirsty is a good plan :smile: I personally try to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but I am thirsty a lot. Being mindful of it means I don't get as dehydrated as I've sometimes let myself get, and reduces my headaches. I try to drink 1-3 large glasses of water before breakfast, because I drool in my sleep (yeah gross) so I get a bit dehydrated. I find it helps me feel better. But I've read that we get most of the water we need from the food we eat anyways. So there isn't really a right or wrong answer, short of "none" or "1000 Litres/day" :smiley:

Ha-ha! Don't worry I too drool!
    I like your strategy to have one+ glasses of water before meals, it will definitely help cover me 8+ glasses a day!
  • horayogesh
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

What is it with urine? Is its color really related with water intake?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Urine-chart.jpg
    horayogesh wrote: »

Its related to hydration, you cna tell from the colour.

Just if it gets too dark you should drink more. Its a simple way to make sure you stay hydrated.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

yes. it should be pale straw color.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

yes. it should be pale straw color.

Although there is this:

http://www.compoundchem.com/2014/03/11/why-can-beetroot-turn-urine-red-the-chemistry-of-beetroot/
  • horayogesh
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Urine-chart.jpg

Its related to hydration, you cna tell from the colour.

Just if it gets too dark you should drink more. Its a simple way to make sure you stay hydrated.

Thanks bud, i'l check on it!