are you an apple, pear, banana or hourglass?

Options

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    1. 29

2. A fat banana? :laugh: My fat is kind of evenly distributed. Though I may look like an apple at a first glance because my hips are very narrow, that's just my bone structure, not my fat.

3. I do both diet and exercise. I've lost 16lbs since I started, so I guess that's what it works for me! I try to exercise as much as I can, because I love food and want to eat more while still losing, and also because I want visible muscle definition.

I don't think I could lose weight if I hadn't changed my eating habits. One of my ex-favorite dishes from Cheesecake Factory apparently has more than 2100 calories in it!!!!!!! And I used to eat it for lunch... (well, not every day, but still!) along with an appetizer...
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    1. I am nineteen.

2. Definitely pear! I could be underweight and somehow my thighs would still be fat.

3. Eating healthier is definitely making me look and feel better.
  • forJupiter
    forJupiter Posts: 45
    Options
    1. 20
    2. I'm an hourglass shape luckily. I've got big boobs, big arms, big butt and big thighs but a smaller (not skinny) waste.
    3. I have a very hard time losing weight and I work out for about an hour and a half for 5 days a week (40 weight training and 40 intense cardio or HIIT) and I've dropped my calories to between 1200-1650. I've also removed almost all sweets and processed foods except for fruit and my cheat day. My strength improves by leaps and bounds usually with me going up every week by 5-10 lbs but I haven't noticed losing any fat loss really. Then again I also haven't gained either while doing my strength training and getting stronger so I guess that's a win just no inches lost yet. =]
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1. 34
    2. Well... I was a pear before I started to lose weight. Now I guess I'm more of and hourglass
    3. See #2. I had intentions to continue to build my upper body to balance out my bottom... but then I lost my bottom!!! Check out my blog (link in siggy) for my before and after pictures to see what I mean :)

eta: oh yeah my boobs disappeared too... not good :(

Hmmmm.... after looking at this http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html I now think I'm a banana...
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    1. 27
    2. Definitely Pear
    3. Mainly diet for me exercise helps a lot but mainly it's my food consumption that really helps me drop the weight and I try not eating all of my exercise calories back I try and leave between 100-150 on most days!
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    1. i'm 27
    2. I would consider myself an apple/hourglass as i carry most of my weight in my theighs and stomach, yet i received the dreaded large chest from my dads side of the family.
    3. i just started my weight loss journey so it'll be interesting to see how my body handles losing the weight. especially see if i lose any inches in the chest area!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    1. How old are you? 44
    2. What is your body shape? Hourglass
    3. Has diet or exercise made more of a difference in your weight loss? What else has worked? For me it has to be diet AND exercise. Exercise has helped in toning as I lose. Drinking water is key too!!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    1- 37
    2- pear
    3- both have worked for me but def working out has helped move weight and inches quicker. my wii fit age is now between 20 and 30, used to b between 35 and 40!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    1) 27
    2) hourglass 34-28-37
    3) Befre now I've dieted without much exercise, now I'm doing both, I exercise probably 5 times a week. I find it easier to loose weight without exercise somehow, I have found the exercise has slowed my weightless down but I am much more toned so I feel better because of that!
    Most of my fat is stored in my thighs, I loose weight from my chest first :(
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    1. 23
    2. Hourglass. natural 30D 24.5 36.5
    3. Both. I have to watch my calories and workout. My body wants to be soft and crank out babies apparently lol. If I lose weight it come off my waist first, which sounds great but it makes it so hard to find clothes that fit! By excersize and diet I've seen the biggest change I do both cardio and light weights.
  • mak_101
    mak_101 Posts: 28
    Options
    1. 67
    2. Pear
    3. Oh yes, the diet and exercise have helped me lose inches not just weight!!!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    1). 45 yrs
    2). used to be hourglass, now its just everywhere!!! so i guess that would be apple???
    3). im disabled so mostly diet is working cuz i cant exercise much. it just takes longer.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    in the twin thread i saw a couple of people post their body shape, as well as their weight and age, and it got me thinking about whether that might be a big factor in HOW we lose weight.

So.... please weigh in. Call it amateur research.

1. How old are you?
    2. What is your body shape?
    -Apple: You put on/carry weight mostly in your waist and belly area.
    -Pear: You put on weight in your hips, thighs, and butt
    -Banana: You have a straight-up-and-down body, no real curves to speak of
    -Hourglass: You are two triangles meeting at their points-- a slim waist and you carry weight in your chest and lower half.
    3. Has diet or exercise made more of a difference in your weight loss? What else has worked?

1. 46.
    2. Hourglass, but as I've gotten older the weight goes more to my waist than it used to. I used to gain it everywhere pretty evenly but am no longer that lucky. ;) As I've lost weight, the hourglass has come back.
    3. I'd have to say diet has made the most difference, as I don't kill myself with exercise. I aim for a half hour to 40 minutes of exercise 3-4 times a week. Now that I'm within 10 pounds of goal, I've been stepping up the exercise a bit though.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1. How old are you? 31

2. What is your body shape? -
    Hourglass: You are two triangles meeting at their points-- a slim waist and you carry weight in your chest and lower half.

3. Has diet or exercise made more of a difference in your weight loss? What else has worked? ---Last year I lost 33lbs (put some back on but I'm working on that) and I did it with 30 mins of Cardio M,W,F and lifting weights Tues and Thurs. I also stayed under my calorie goal. I'm doing the same thing to lose the weight and I've lost 14lbs since May 1st 2011
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    1. I'm 50
    2. hourglass

Exercise definitely makes more of difference for me than dieting, specifically aerobic exercise. Though honestly I find being hungry so unpleasant that I havent really "dieted" in years. I do eat healthy food but if I don't exercise regularly the pounds add on quickly.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    im 25
    ive always been a pear but some having my kids im looking more like an "apple" cuz of the mummy tummy
    what helps? def the low calorie diet... i always aim to eat 1200 but if i eat back exercise cals i dont lose. i try to be at least 200 cals unders and not even over 1600 calories on vacation, weekend, or cheat days. i exercise 5-10 hours per week... this helps too
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1. 27
    2. Pear 35-29-41
    3. I just did cardio for the first month, upped my water scale didn't really move. Then in April I started MFP and restricted cals and that REALLY helped. My skin looks great, lost some lbs...too bad a lot of it was in the boob area. The curse of being a pear I guess lol
  • GGMarie1501
    Options
    I'm 22 years old.
    I'm an hour-glass shape.
    What helps me lose weight is to exercise, drink more water and cut out sodas. I love the new water enhancer MIO. Makes difference in drinking water cause I hate the bland taste.
    I also think it's important to include height: 5'5" for me.

I started Monday weighing 205lbs and this morning (2 days later) I'm weighing 203. :)

My goal weight is 152lbs. I am large framed and have had large breasts since puberty and widened hips since DS. I think going any lower would be starvation for me. It's well within acceptable weight range for my height. If I go lower without extreme measures then that's good, but I'm not going to force it. Happy dieting!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Apple
    making better choices and sticking right around 1200-1500 calories..also knowing this isnt something with a timeline and its not a race its forever..30-45min daily cardio
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    1. 33

2. Think I'm an hourglass... everything seems pretty evenly distributed and my waist nips in?

3. Watching my carb intake has had a huge impact, almost 20 pounds instantly gone, but now I've realized I need to exercise to keep it going. My body responds really well to exercise (which makes me wonder why I never did it before!) so I'm watching my calorie count, limiting myself to healthy carbs and eating lots of protein whenever possible. The scale's descent has slowed but I'm leaner and I've lost more than 12% of my body fat so far. I think I'll keep this up!

PS: Whoever posted that link to 'My Body Gallery'--thank you! It's awesome to have a real image of what I may look like when I'm near to my goal!