Advice plz

Options
Ok so I'm a truck driver and I usually get my cardio by jumping rope. It allows me to burn a lot of calories while staying beside my truck out of the way, which is a lot safer than running or walking around a truckstop. My current problem is my calves get really sore after a workout and stay sore for a few days. I want to get cardio everyday so I need a cardio exercise that I can do near or in my truck that's easy on the calves while they rest. Any suggestions?

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can sink into a soft squat position and do punches, easier on the legs but will still get your heart rate up.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I kind of giggled about the running. I'd freak a little if some guy came running by me at a rest stop. Like, "Did he just rob the place?"

Push-ups? If you have a mat, maybe do stomach crunches or lie down on your back and do the air bicycle thing? I don't know if you'd feel self-conscious. Personally, I wouldn't care, but that's me. I also wouldn't think anything but, "Smart guy. Good for him," if I saw someone doing it...even before I began losing, I'd have thought that.

When I'm on road trips, I always do jumping jacks and stretches when I stop for gas or to pee. Nobody else does it. I don't know why. You get stiff, sitting on your patootie all day long. It's good for your muscles and your blood to get moving! I squeeze my butt a lot to keep it awake, while I drive, too.

My uncle drove a truck. When he died, it was in his papers that he didn't care where his ashes were scattered, but it had to be somewhere where no little part of him could blow away and end up on a road or near a truck. :). He was awesome with directions, too. "You have to leave at 3:00 because if you get there after 4:15, you'll be there forever. Sleep here. Eat there. Take this bypass, don't take that one. Cracker Barrel?! No, don't go to Cracker Barrel! Go here." Right off the top of his head, he could give us directions all over the eastern half of the country.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    DClem627 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm a truck driver and I usually get my cardio by jumping rope. It allows me to burn a lot of calories while staying beside my truck out of the way, which is a lot safer than running or walking around a truckstop. My current problem is my calves get really sore after a workout and stay sore for a few days. I want to get cardio everyday so I need a cardio exercise that I can do near or in my truck that's easy on the calves while they rest. Any suggestions?
    I have a suggestion....a mini-trampoline!
    h43j11dpalma.jpg

Dude, I do this watching TV....

• Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    DClem627 wrote: »
    I have a suggestion....a mini-trampoline!
    h43j11dpalma.jpg

Dude, I do this watching TV....

lol love it :smile: