Curb the sweet crave after dinner?

Options

Replies

• eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    i just found greek yogurt frozen treats -- the sea salt caramel is to-die-for -- and it has 6 grams of protein for about 110 calories....
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I save 200 calories for after dinner for something sweet
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have them where you live but I found some "dessert" yogurts. They're 35 calories each and pretty good. Obvy not as good as a huge piece of cheesecake but I just ate 2 for a total of 70 calories and feel my sweet tooth satisfied.
  • akgreen324
    akgreen324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Chick pea cookie doughnut. I know it sounds weird but honestly it has helped me. 2 tablespons is about 180 cal but it contains protein protein protein! Also protein sludge shakes---protein scoop, 2 scoops of peanut butter amd 2 tsp of raw cacao powder and then some ice---tastes like a milkshake and again not that many cals!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Jello, pudding, Quest or other bars, fruit, peanut butter. More protein riched foods
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fudgsicle 25 calories! Or brush your teeth... The minty flavor will trick the brain into not wanting anything that late
  • ReneeEdwards36
    ReneeEdwards36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eat back what I worked off. I also can't seem to control my splurges! Once I eat one thing that's not so healthy I want it all!
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You'll do a lot better long term if you don't restrict yourself too much while dieting. Work dessert into your calorie allowance. The ice cream I'm having at the moment is 101 calories for a perfectly good 60 gram serve. I'm sure you can find something similar where you live. Or you could have a small piece of chocolate (perhaps buy them already portioned controlled or "fun size") and then some fruit.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have been having full fat yogurt in the little 100gram serving size. They are 120-140 calories and they are super delicious!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Try making some banana pancakes. Delicious and not too calorific.
  • adbhmb
    adbhmb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Grab some fruit, make some fruit Popsicles with healthy and simple ingredients. Drink a little chocolate milk. And for me it helps to add cinnamon to my yogurt or toast, and drinking lemon and mint infused water may help as well.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eat back what I worked off. I also can't seem to control my splurges! Once I eat one thing that's not so healthy I want it all!

If you keep telling yourself that, then yes, you will.

It would be far better for a long happy life to learn moderation now.

You're 23 and you have 4 lbs to lose?

What are your height and weight?
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    There are 35cal fruit pops in the frozen section of the grocery store! Yum yum!
  • misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen fruit, put some in a mug, microwave it a little to defrost and then add chocolate syrup or light whipped cream. Even light whipped cream alone with bananas or strawberries are great! Hope this helps.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate does it for me. It's sweet, rich, delightful, and a better alternative than milk chocolate. Of course I hate milk chocolate so I guess that's easy for me to say ;)

I also will do fruit with whipped cream. Yum. Or a peach or fresh cherries. I'm enjoying the hell out the fresh produce this summer.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I find that mint herbal tea will do the trick more me most of the time (iced or hot)
  • ReneeEdwards36
    Options
    Orphia, I'm 5"6 and I'm 129. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago, trying to get back down to my pre-baby weight which was 125. I have lost 15lbs total so far, I'm on the last bit.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am doing ok during the day without sweets until dinner time or Sunday afternoon then I want dessert! How can I kick that sweet tooth after meals??

Sugar free jello isn't half bad, you can always cut up some fruit and throw in some chia seeds to make it a little healthier. its also probably better to get the cups instead of the boxes lollol.

i cut up some cherries and thru it in my chocolate pudding and put it in a tiny pretty dish so it felt like i was eating a yummy dessert :)
  • ReneeEdwards36
    Options
    I'm gonna get some jello to add my fruit into. I also discovered bombpop popcycles only have 40 calories. And fudgecycles are low cal. Smart ones offers little deserts too! I went to the store and shopped the sweets. I just gotta learn to control my sweet tooth. It's hard going from pregnancy where you cave to every whim.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia, I'm 5"6 and I'm 129. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago, trying to get back down to my pre-baby weight which was 125. I have lost 15lbs total so far, I'm on the last bit.

Your BMI is 21 - the low end of normal.

You're aiming for 20 - borderline underweight.

I'm not too happy about this.