Don't know how to do this

Options
Hey guys I have always wanted to lose weight and I have tried so hard but I love my food to much and I really don't know how to exercise. How do you guys do it

Replies

• Bryonyki91
    Bryonyki91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's the same with me haha I love my food!
    I'm recently starting to use the app again. I lost a stone a couple of years ago with the help of my fitness pal :)
    You dont really have to go to a gym to exercise if you just walk/ jog that counts as exercise or anything that gets your heart rate up :)

Feel free to add me and we can help each other through it :) x
  • ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you can get ahold and beat your cravings you wont even need to do that much exercise. Weight loss is 80% diet 20% exercise
  • Ctbiggs
    Ctbiggs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love to eat?!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, because that's not the purpose of this site. The purpose of this site is motivation. The truth is it doesn't matter how much you love food. It matters if you are actually willing to make a change. You don't have to give up your favorite foods, you just have to eat those foods in moderation. As for the how do you start exercising? You just start walking, that turns into jogging, which turns into running. You can join a gym and they will help you learn how the machines work so you don't hurt yourself. You can buy/rent/view exercise DVDs that will guide you step by step so that your form is good and you build up stamina. The most important thing is that you are determined to make a change. 40 pounds ago I never thought I would be able to jog a 5k (thank you C25K) I still eat my favorite foods, heck last night I had a cheesesteak and fries, and still maintained my calories. If you want to eat more, you need to exercise more. Calories in verse Calories out! Good Luck. If you are determined and motivated, the love of food won't stop you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It deosn't have to be so hard. You can love food without overeating. Some exercise is better than none.
  • AidanEngland
    AidanEngland Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love my food. Like, a lot. I've recently started C25K (just starting week 3) and so far I've managed to lose around 8lb. It's not a huge loss, but it's change.

I still eat pretty much the same meals (but chocolate and crisps have become less of a go-to snack whilst at work) and I feel good knowing that I'm doing something about my weight! It really doesn't have to be hard; like someone said already, you just need to want to change!

Start exercising a little more (walking regularly is a good start, but something like C25K is much easier to get on with than people think), swap out some of your sugary snacks with healthier foods and you'll be on your way in no time :)

Edit: Typo
  • TinaSkinner1993
    TinaSkinner1993 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yea i get all that but my problem is i never see a change so i stop doing it but that is like only a week coz i never thing its working
  • Bryonyki91
    Bryonyki91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you have some scales you can weigh yourself on? At first you won't notice the change but as you lose more you'll start to notice it :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yea i get all that but my problem is i never see a change so i stop doing it but that is like only a week coz i never thing its working

you didn't gain it in a week, you wont lose it in a week.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

You have be patient, and to trust the process! Normal weight fluctuations (water, digestion) from one day to the next are usually bigger than a week of two of weight (fat) gain or loss.

• xCrazyRidex
    xCrazyRidex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All you need is determination.. It's really simple. We all love food but wanting to lose weight doesn't mean giving up on your favorite food.. You just reduce the amount of the unhealthy food..

they're all right, You can start exercising by walking then jogging then running, that's what I did.. I also love dancing so I dance or ride my bike.. You can burn 300 calories in a dancing class.. or 125 calories in riding your bicycle for 30 minutes..

if you really want to make a change, You should go for it and actually start.. add me and we'd help each other if you want.

Just remember not to prevent yourself from anything and enjoy food.. I wasn't a huge fan of healthy food but i've tried a couple of recipes and they're actually great..

You won't notice the change in a week, some people do.. but you didn't gain it in a week so how do you expect to lose it in one.. it takes time but it's going to be worth it, trust me!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

You have be patient, and to trust the process! Normal weight fluctuations (water, digestion) from one day to the next are usually bigger than a week of two of weight (fat) gain or loss.

Agreed. It's as simple (and as difficult!) as that. You need to find the internal commitment (motivation is fleeting!) and just stick to it. For me it's helpful to focus on how I feel physically. I feel better eating this way and exercising, so I keep doing it.