Angry. Help.

Options
I'm very frustrated right now. I was yesterday, too, and managed to not stress eat. Right now I feel that resolve crumbling. Now there are chips and fudgesicles in the house. (Obvs, I did not do the shopping.) Help me not eat. Also, can't work out much, between watching littles and an injury. I just need more voices saying no to drown out the angry voice telling me to eat.

Replies

• kasperwasper007
    kasperwasper007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find a long walk with a decent playlist helps me get my Zen on during stressful times. Worth a shot.
  • metcastillon
    metcastillon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like to either meditate for about 20 minutes, or go for a walk, or do something that involves using my hands like painting my nails, crocheting, reading a book, or anything else that will keep my hands away from the kitchen.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Leave the house! Go for a mall walk, window shopping, a library, a drive (as long as you aren't prone to road rage), anything that gets you away from the food. Maybe the littles would like to go to the pool.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Guzzle a HUGE glass of water-fast!! So much and so fast that makes your stomach hurt! Keep that water cup right next to the sink. Set a timer for 30 minutes and DO NOT go back into the kitchen or pantry until the timer goes off. Then go in another room or take a walk around the block or play scrabble on line or check your Facebook status or whatever. When the timer goes off, do it all again: guzzle, set the tumer, walk away. Do it as many times as you need to fight that urge to hit the chips and fudgesicles!
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Drink two glass water, easy trick for every craving
    Guzzle a HUGE glass of water-fast!! So much and so fast that makes your stomach hurt! Keep that water cup right next to the sink. Set a timer for 30 minutes and DO NOT go back into the kitchen or pantry until the timer goes off. Then go in another room or take a walk around the block or play scrabble on line or check your Facebook status or whatever. When the timer goes off, do it all again: guzzle, set the tumer, walk away. Do it as many times as you need to fight that urge to hit the chips and fudgesicles!

this x1000. water does the trick prtty well lol
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Leave the house! Go for a long hike.
  • WendelinTheWeird
    WendelinTheWeird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Haha, the littles just got out of the pool. I am drinking water, and staying away from the kitchen. My hands still smell like bug spray (have to rub it on) which is helping, oddly enough. I hadn't thought to do my nails, that is fantastic! I would love to do some window shopping, but I am afraid of making my foot hurt more.

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestions!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Put some crystal light in your water then drink the whole thing. Think of the calories you'll burn running to the bathroom :o
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Ignore the bad food!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    What are you so angry about? I'd start there.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

This. Eating because you're angry is avoidance. Face what is making you angry, and work through the emotions. Don't use the anger as an excuse to eat.
  • WendelinTheWeird
    WendelinTheWeird Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Part of it is my foot, I hurt it in January and it keeps feeling better and then not and back again. Right now, it hurts, so I'm frustrated and cranky. I haven't seen a doctor, because right now the money needs to go to the therapist to work on the rest of the anger. (The reasons are very personal, but they are being addressed. It just takes time.)

In the meantime, I will be drinking lots and lots of water, and jogging back and forth to the bathroom. I'm really tempted to throw out the fudgesicles, but I know my big little is really excited about them. I just need to be stronger than them.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Part of it is my foot, I hurt it in January and it keeps feeling better and then not and back again. Right now, it hurts, so I'm frustrated and cranky. I haven't seen a doctor, because right now the money needs to go to the therapist to work on the rest of the anger. (The reasons are very personal, but they are being addressed. It just takes time.)

In the meantime, I will be drinking lots and lots of water, and jogging back and forth to the bathroom. I'm really tempted to throw out the fudgesicles, but I know my big little is really excited about them. I just need to be stronger than them.

In this case, don't eat the fudgesicles because they aren't yours to eat. They belong to your 'little'.
  • christinak74
    christinak74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have a strong urge to eat, I will brush my teeth or swish my mouth with mouth wash. Usually by the time the minty taste is gone, so is the urge to snack, As mentioned, water really helps, and so does ice. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Cant you just take a painkiller or soak your foot? Cant really be doing with the anger.
    If the drinking water, like the meditation idea or going out dont work, then a fudgecicle is only 100 calories or less. Cant you just do some exercise in the house to earn the calories? 15-20 mins?

Bet you could make some very low calorie ones of your own with sugar free cordials and freeze them.
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm very frustrated right now. I was yesterday, too, and managed to not stress eat. Right now I feel that resolve crumbling. Now there are chips and fudgesicles in the house. (Obvs, I did not do the shopping.) Help me not eat. Also, can't work out much, between watching littles and an injury. I just need more voices saying no to drown out the angry voice telling me to eat.

Get your *kitten* in gear. Decide not to eat and don't do it. Tough, I know, but you don't want to eat so why would you. Read the Bible (not a beleiver myself, but its got plenty about not giving in to temptation)

If you cant decide not to eat and follow it through, your mind cannot be very much in control of your body.

Remember, you are a the driver of your machine. It doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. You do that.

Peace.