What one item or thing has helped you the most on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Google, MFP, and my food scale.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Joining a gym and getting immersed in the fitness lifestyle

I learned all I need from my friends there and my trainer.

MFP food log is great

The forums spend way too much time arguing about sugar or carbs or other silliness. It would have been much harder to learn about sound nutrition if all I had was the MFP forums.

Buying a bike and riding regularly. A mile is worth 50 calories. I get 5 x 20 mile rides in each week. An easy 5000 calories burnt right there.

• reese00s
    reese00s Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mfp and my fitbit
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My allotment. I can spend all day outside digging and moving crap around and get a tan with it. Plus it makes me happy and gives me veggies :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Ranch dressing...a little bit on foods I don't normally eat like chicken breast or a bag of veggies helps me a lot =)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    MFP and Food Scale.

This.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tough one... I'd have to say intermittent fasting, personally. I was struggling even with MFP as I would pretty much be grazing all day, I really struggled not to go over on calories even at 1700+. Fasting for a portion of the day has totally changed how I look at food and eating, so that even on days when I don't fast I can easily say "no".
  • Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    logging into mfp everyday, using a hula hoop and spinning bike in front of the TV.
  • Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    logging into mfp everyday, using a :) hula hoop and spinning bike in front of the TV.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my Fitbit. My mom and sisters and I have always been competitive with board games and Words With Friends ;) Why not with steps? We do a challenge and it's game on. I took many extra walks around the block last week because I didn't want my mom to beat me. Sadly, my sister did, but there's always next week!

My food scale has been great. I don't use it every day, but it keeps me honest and aware of portion sizes even on off days.

The MFP recipe builder has helped me become a more mindful cook. Cooking and eating are my most favorite things to do, so the challenge of making a great dish that's body friendly is kind of fun.

Sorry, I picked three things!
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Willpower and determination mostly :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    logging into mfp everyday, using a hula hoop and spinning bike in front of the TV.
    I just imagined a person doing all of these at the same time...quality visual! Lol!

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Rigorous exercise. Equivalent of a 10k run, 4-5 times a week.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    MFP obviously
    Food scale
    George Foreman grill
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    MFP, for sure. In particular these aspects of it:

1) Logging all my food for the day and hitting complete.
    2) Awesome success stories and MFP folks willing to share what works, what doesn't.
    3) Seeing MFP friends post their exercise and getting encouragement from them when I post mine.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    mfp forum -100% that.

I don't know anyone around me that a) is trying to lose weight or b) want/need to lose as much as I do.
    So everyday coming to the forums it's like a reminder you are not alone in this! ,this has been done before/you can effing do it :)
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This item of advice I read somewhere. It was basically set a plan for the min amount of time you could work out even if you felt like crap. IE 20 minutes. So on the days when your like, Im not doing to work out. Do the 20 minutes as a bare min.

Often times I got into it and did more than 20, even if I didn't, I at least did 20 minutes vs nothing. That small thing helped me get into regular working out
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ashypashy7 wrote: »
    This item of advice I read somewhere. It was basically set a plan for the min amount of time you could work out even if you felt like crap. IE 20 minutes. So on the days when your like, Im not doing to work out. Do the 20 minutes as a bare min.

Often times I got into it and did more than 20, even if I didn't, I at least did 20 minutes vs nothing. That small thing helped me get into regular working out[/quote

This is a great idea & something I'm going to incorporate for those days that I just don't feel like exercising. Thanks for the tip!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's a 3 way tie: MFP, my food scale, my Fitbit.