overeating ugh

Options
I have been counting my calories faithfully and exercising everyday and have lost 20 pounds so far. However, the last few days I have really been struggling with cravings for fatty foods. I usually am able to just eat a little within my calorie range and be okay, but these past three days have been really hard. My husband said it might be because I am not eating a lot of fat. I don't do it on purpose. I try to eat vegetarian/vegan as much as possible and I tend to eat foods that naturally don't have a lot of fat in it. I also try to avoid corn syrup products. My husband said I need to start putting some more fat in my diet like cashews. Does anyone else have any ideas? I ended up eating 4 hot dogs last night. Ugh.

Replies

• ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Sometimes Ive noticed when I restrict my food intake and do "super well" all week..im just setting myself up for failure and a major binge session..you should try to sneak in something that you really enjoy eating maybe twice during the week to take the edge off :)
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    Just a suggestion (meaning take it or leave it as you like) but you truly may not be getting everything you need. I have changed the way I look at eating and I don't feel deprived or like binging. Weird I know. Anyway, I got my information from reading "Real Food: What to Eat and Why" by Nina Planck. She gives you the reasons your body needs things like fats and sodium (in moderation of course)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips. I did not overeat last night and have actually upped my calories...I think I was eating too little, if you can believe it, which I think helped cause me being out of control hungry. Thanks guys!