Battling the Evening Munchies Lately

Options
for whatever reason the past couple weeks I've found the later evening snack thoughts creeping into my brain every few days. I'm under calorie total until this happens. Then after some cheese and crackers, Dilly Bar, peanuts or whatever I'm into my exercise calories. Still on track overall but I know it's slowing down pace to my ultimate goal weight.

I have to remind myself that it's ok every once in a while.

Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, fruit, no sugar added fudgecicles are some of my evening snacks that don't break the calorie bank.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It definitely is o.k. :)
    Most days I leave myself some room in the calories for a snack. If I don't eat the snack, that's o.k. I eat a little more the next day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    This month I have challenged myself to practice mindfulness about eating. The two places I am doing that are:

Breakfast: I am not multi-tasking while I eat
    After dinner: I am taking a second to think before I put food in my mouth. The questions I ask are: what am I thinking about, what am I feeling, am I hungry, do I really want to eat, what do I want (food or otherwise)

I hope to develop a new habit for breakfast and to begin to change my pattern of munching through the evening even though I usually have the calories to spare.
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but i know i just need to find more will power.
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm solid breakfast lunch and have really kept the liquid calories to a minimum. I have been letting the fruit supply run low. That would help to get the Pineapple and strawberries stocked up again.
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love to relax in bed with a snack before brushing my teeth and calling it a night so I have pre cut strawberries and grapes in a Tupperware ready to go and if you want you can add those 100 cal snacks along with it if it fits into your day. In other words, don't deprive yourself just plan around it! Good luck!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    for whatever reason the past couple weeks I've found the later evening snack thoughts creeping into my brain every few days. I'm under calorie total until this happens. Then after some cheese and crackers, Dilly Bar, peanuts or whatever I'm into my exercise calories. Still on track overall but I know it's slowing down pace to my ultimate goal weight.

I have to remind myself that it's ok every once in a while.

This.