What's worth a splurge?

Options
2»

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Margaritas and the whole deal (chips, salsa, guacamole, entree) at a good Mexican restaurant.
    Pizza.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    All you can eat sushi from my favorite sushi place!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    eating 500 over is nearly eating at maintenance if you are at 1 lb per week as your goal. So i don't consider it that much of a splurge. I would feel guilty if I went much higher than that.

As for what I would eat? For me If there is a cheese and fruit platter and a good bottle of wine Its worth being over for the day. I am glad I don't go over in calories for eating steak because I would go over for that too. Oh and anything with burnt marshmallow....
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be the wet blanket here.

What's worth the splurge depends on how often you plan on splurging.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you Sing! Eating cheese and wine daily is not worth being fat. It wouldn't be as enjoyable if I was eating it regularly anyways!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Chocolate shake
    Ben and Jerrys chocolate fudge brownie ice cream
    A happy waitress (American diner order) grilled cheese, tomato and bacon.
    Pancakes

I'm drooling as I'm typing, lol!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake!
  • LyaNox
    LyaNox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    a week in italy where most of my food was prepared for me. It was amazing
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I always want to splurge on pizza. Its my absolute favorite.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    For me, surf and turf followed by a big piece of baked cheesecake. Definitely work the thousands of calories.

I always assumed Surf and Turf was strictly an American thing, at least the name. I learned something important.

What does yours consist of @sheldonklein ? Ours is typically a rib eye type steak topped with whole prawns (shrimp) in a creamy garlic sauce.

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Chinese takeaway... and fish and chips... and chicken tikka masala... and cheesecake :wink:
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If Im being lazy and I want take out so I don't have to cook, or I start eating something that doesn't taste great at the time but keep going, I say it isn't worth it.

When my FIL (Italian) makes his Sunday pasta supper, that is SO worth it. Not only for the family but the food is so amazing. We go once a month or so, and I never regret it. A good slice of cheesecake, I also never regret.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It bugs me when I go over because of a generic pack of chips or one too many squares of dairy milk chocolate. That's when I feel annoyed with myself. I wouldn't class either of those worthy of a splurge!
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would say for me hooter's chicken wings. It would be worth it to exercise 1 hour in the morning and evening for those wings.