Was off to such a great start.....

Options
What happened to me? A few weeks ago I posted on here and got wonderful support and started logging and feeling great. Then I went on a small college-touring trip with my daughter and like, stopped! I'm so disgusted with myself. Any suggestions for getting back on track quickly?

Replies

• Rheameg
    Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's all in your mindset. If you want it just do it!! Start by drinking some water and munching on a cucumber!
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself, forget it and move on. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week to do better. I think we often forget that we have to incorporate "life" into our diet. It seems as if you had fun with your daughter so let yourself have that! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What kind of suggestion do you need? Just...do it. Log your food tomorrow. That is all. And do it the day after that and just don't stop. And if you do stop, start the next day again. Or go back and try to log the day anyway.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. Start again, and again, just don't give up. You can do this!
  • 1mototh
    1mototh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Today is the day to get back on track. Yesterday is done with. No point in dwelling on it.
  • 1mototh
    Options
    Forgive yourself, forget it and move on. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week to do better. I think we often forget that we have to incorporate "life" into our diet. It seems as if you had fun with your daughter so let yourself have that! :)

You are right! Thanks!
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My best advice is don't stop logging- even if you completely blow your day, just log it. I stopped logging once and didn't log again for 6 months and I gained almost all the weight I lost back. Now I log every day and I've lost everything again plus an additional 7 lbs. Even if there are days where I'm not sure exactly what I'm eating (if I go to my Grandma's for a family dinner I'm not going to sit there and enter each ingredient of her homemade dishes, though I certainly could) I just quick add an estimate of calories and KEEP LOGGING. Even if it's not always correct it keeps me in the habit of logging and keeps me more mindful of what I'm eating. Also, it's pretty easy to log fast food, which I'm guessing you ate on your trip, as most chains post caloric info on their menus or online. Good luck!
  • 1mototh
    Options
    Today is the day to get back on track. Yesterday is done with. No point in dwelling on it.
    Absolutely!
  • 1mototh
    Options
    _cdaley wrote: »
    My best advice is don't stop logging- even if you completely blow your day, just log it. I stopped logging once and didn't log again for 6 months and I gained almost all the weight I lost back. Now I log every day and I've lost everything again plus an additional 7 lbs. Even if there are days where I'm not sure exactly what I'm eating (if I go to my Grandma's for a family dinner I'm not going to sit there and enter each ingredient of her homemade dishes, though I certainly could) I just quick add an estimate of calories and KEEP LOGGING. Even if it's not always correct it keeps me in the habit of logging and keeps me more mindful of what I'm eating. Also, it's pretty easy to log fast food, which I'm guessing you ate on your trip, as most chains post caloric info on their menus or online. Good luck!

Thank you so much.