Protein Powder Shake

Options
NarmaL
NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,
I recently purchased a whey protein powder, and the directions say to consume it immediately after preparing the shake.
This just doesn't help with my work out, because I usually go to the gym and I used to take my old protein shake to the gym and drink it following my workout at the gym....

I prefer it this way.

My question is, can I disregard the directions of my new protein, and continue to follow my old regimen? Will this have an effect on the quality of the protein? Will the protein degrade if I don't consume it immediately after making it?
Thanks.

Replies

• bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    No it will not degrade. Treat it like any other food source
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Why not measure out the powder into the shaker. Then add the water after your workout.
  • kyrannosaurus
    Options
    If you're mixing it with milk or whatever else, just get a small container to keep the powder in. Then add the powder later.
  • NarmaL
    NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why not measure out the powder into the shaker. Then add the water after your workout.

So that's another thing. I tried it, but this powder doesn't mix well at all. It really requires a blender.
  • kyrannosaurus
    Options
    NarmaL wrote: »

So that's another thing. I tried it, but this powder doesn't mix well at all. It really requires a blender.

That's annoying. I just use a shaker for mine. And my gym has a blender if I wanted to use it.

In that case, just mix it before you go. I'm sure it'll be fine.