Belly fat

Options
if i am keeping my cals around 1600 and being active like walking and 10-15k steps will that decrease belly fat?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You can't target where weight loss comes from. This largely genetic. I tend to lose weight above the waist first, then finally in my hips & thighs. Unfortunately I'm pear shaped. So this isn't ideal.

Just do the best you can,
  • mcburgerdevil
    mcburgerdevil Posts: 10 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've lost around 25 lbs in the last 3 months and I truly believe that non of it was belly fat. I get frustrated with it aswell
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You can't target belly fat. Just keep your deficit moderate, do some kind of resistance trying to maintain LBM, and be patient.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My arms were pin thin and my collar bones were jutting out before my belly fat started budging. It's incredibly annoying, but it will come off when it comes off, you cant rush it :disappointed:
  • neecer07
    neecer07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay - so my belly fat is low, hanging belly fat. It's so disgusting and embarrassing. I'm religiously logging my food in MFP and doing C25K and some strength training. Is that gonna help get rid of that serious problem area? I've lost 5lbs already....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    neecer07 wrote: »
    Okay - so my belly fat is low, hanging belly fat. It's so disgusting and embarrassing. I'm religiously logging my food in MFP and doing C25K and some strength training. Is that gonna help get rid of that serious problem area? I've lost 5lbs already....

Your calorie deficit will help you lose fat, yes. If you have a lot to lose it is going to take time and patience, and consistent and accurate food logging.
  • jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It will definitely take time and patience. Mine is slowly disappearing, but I have focused on zero white sugar the last month. While it works for me, it won't work for everyone. Just be patient and stay on track. Don't get discouraged!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it.

Eventually it will go

I can tell you my gut went away after 80 lbs lost

There still a few places I can pinch an inch
  • Christine_72
    Options
    @KittensMaster you have the exact same profile pic as another member here.
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I walk an average of 6 or 7 miles every day (between 12k-15k steps). Sadly, it hasn't enabled me to target my belly fat, and given my pear-shaped frame, the belly fat will probably be the last to go (along with the hips).
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

It is a new profile

It is me PH.

You are very observant!

• Christine_72
    Options

It is a new profile

It is me PH.

You are very observant!

aahh I thought it was. Just couldn't put my finger on it.

• SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've lost about 20 lbs and it's been from everywhere but the belly. I
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've lost about 20 lbs and it's been from everywhere but the belly. I

Same, a stone gone and it has mostly been in my chest area.
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It would be really motivating (and reassuring) to me to hear from those of us who HAVE lost excess belly fat, even if it was the last fat to go! I am close to despair, here
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yohimbine is great for targeting stomach and hip fat imo. I think its legal in the states
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was all the white sugar I ate while losing, but my waist, measured around the navel, has gone from 57 inches to 35.75 inches. I lost about an inch for each five pounds I lost. Most likely, it's just because that's where most of my fat was in the first place.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you eat fewer calories than you burn, it will decrease your body fat.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bashore98 wrote: »
    if i am keeping my cals around 1600 and being active like walking and 10-15k steps will that decrease belly fat?
    Maybe...maybe not...
    As stated above, we usually can't spot reduce fat, and when you eat to a calorie deficit, our overall weight drops.
    Just look into the MFP recommendations for steady, lasting and safe weight loss. Perform cardio as well as resistance exercise.
    Take your time, and enjoy this wonderful journey.

GOOD LUCK!

• SarahElizabeth1981
    SarahElizabeth1981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    seamoth wrote: »
    It would be really motivating (and reassuring) to me to hear from those of us who HAVE lost excess belly fat, even if it was the last fat to go! I am close to despair, here

It has taken me 6 years (!) to finally see my belly getting flatter. It takes time and consistency. You are making a life change, not just to see quick results. It is more than worth it in the end! I also got very thin up top before I started noticing huge changes in my lower belly, hips, and thighs. I have about 15 pounds left to lose starting at 310 and currently at 174, a pear shape, and I wear a small top now, but still large shorts (too big in the waist, but a medium is too tight in the hips)!