WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMS AND PROTEIN SHAKES

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    The idea ISN'T to use a meal replacement. All you're doing is NOT learning how to eat correctly and in portions. It's the main reason people regain weight they lost. Unless one is WILLING to use a meal replacement for LIFE, then why even bother starting it in the first place?
    Weight gain happened because of incorrect behaviors with food consumption. Change the behavior.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • db56
    db56 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Core Power Protein is really good.
  • lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was on the WW plan years ago and it helped me lose weight. I gained it all back and more but that's because I walk away at my goal weight without really knowing how food affects our bodies. Staying on point, WW is about your cals, fiber, fat, and protein intake in a given amount of points allowed in a day based on your height, weight, sex and age, at least when I was doing. And it will work if you stick to it the rest of you life. After gaining the weight back and then some I started my "grandma" plan. She said to me one time, "You're eating too much bread. You need more vegetables and fruits." So I eat mainly fruits and vegetables now and have been for more than 2 years now. I went from 240 to 190 and I'm still losing. Not many people can do this but I eat greens for breakfast too. It'll help if you add it in a smoothie. Protein shakes that I've used are EAS complete everyday nutrition and Vega protein and greens.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I like protein shakes simply because they allow me to get great protein numbers without bulk, calories, or high carbs. Try a bariatric protein powder like Bariatric Advantage or my fave, Bariatric Fusion. They're intended to act as meal replacements with good nutrition profiles. Will they stop you from eating? No. Can they provide some excellent protein and maybe a stop-gap from eating more calories in a snack than you would in a shake? Yes, if you use it right.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Protein powders ARE food.

Until someone can find me a whole food source at a unit cost of > $0.50 per 25 grams of protein and will keep in dry storage for weeks, I'll continue to supplement my diet with protein powder.

Word. Plus they are great for getting in my protein even if I'm not especially hungry. It's much easier to drink my 30gof protein from a shake than trying to eat an additional 30g of chicken some days.

Oh my god, this. Yes. I have a light core power with breakfast and snack on a quest bar most days just as insurance because I actually have a hard time eating enough protein in my regular meals.

OP protein shakes are good for meeting your protein goals. They don't do anything to make you lose weight on their own. That happens with a caloric deficit.
  • krisfrantzen
    krisfrantzen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to feel like food or a big breakfast when I wake up so I grab a pure protein choc shake 23g protein and a banana. It seems to do the trick until I have lunch. Plus they are pretty tasty. It is not supposed to be a meal replacement but more of a snack. Does the deed and I love it and has helped get a deficit to go down.

I try new ones but always go back to pure protein and always the ready made ones. I don't feel like waiting the 2 mins to blend my own lol