NO Fast Food - month of June

Options

Replies

• giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I thought giving up fast food was a done deal once I started dieting. The morning I joined MFP I stopped at a Burger King for a breakfast meal. That night, I joined MFP and plugged in my diary for the day. That one breakfast meal was 1150 calories!! Almost my total intake of calories for the day! The sodium was twice my goal for the day! From that point on, I swore off fast food!

If you want to swear off fast food, run a few fast food "meals" through your diary, that'll turn you off to it immediately.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Does Chipotle count? Cause if it does, there is NO WAY I can participate :noway:

Honestly, Chipotle has a pretty good business model. I believe they are pretty natural from what I've read and being in there. I would not count that for me, but this is what you want to make of it. Chipotle, while maybe more healthy than Taco Bell, still have HUGE items. The burrito can easily cover my cals for a day depending on what I put in it. It's up to you!
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My last fast food was April 30....RIP Taco Bell
    Taco Bell has always been my biggest downfall....Anything that only costs .99 can't be that bad.
  • 2nyce
    2nyce Posts: 37
    Options
    Great idea, I'm in, but making an exception for smoothies under 300 calories
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Does Jersey Mike's count? Their stuff is pretty fresh..
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I thought giving up fast food was a done deal once I started dieting. The morning I joined MFP I stopped at a Burger King for a breakfast meal. That night, I joined MFP and plugged in my diary for the day. That one breakfast meal was 1150 calories!! Almost my total intake of calories for the day! The sodium was twice my goal for the day! From that point on, I swore off fast food!

If you want to swear off fast food, run a few fast food "meals" through your diary, that'll turn you off to it immediately.

You would think so. I know the 'healthier alternatives' at most places, but sometimes it just doesn't matter. I really feel that fast food is addictive, I just need to swear it off!! I've actually been doing pretty good aside from the last couple weeks. That's why I need this right now, and the thread, motivation, and accountability will only help.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Does Jersey Mike's count? Their stuff is pretty fresh..

I have no idea what that is.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im in! FR sent :flowerforyou:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!!!!!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    My last fast food was April 30....RIP Taco Bell
    Taco Bell has always been my biggest downfall....Anything that only costs .99 can't be that bad.

Taco Bell is my biggest issue as well.
  • MrsLopez77
    Options
    i'm in!
  • ChrisR0128
    ChrisR0128 Posts: 86
    Options
    I stopped doing fast food a couple months ago. last weekend i was helping a family member move. They ran to McD's to feed everyone, I tried a french fry and a hamburger, they both tasted like grease and were gross, I could not eat them. Good idea folks, you will be amazed how the junk tastes after you get away from it!!!!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I stopped doing fast food a couple months ago. last weekend i was helping a family member move. They ran to McD's to feed everyone, I tried a french fry and a hamburger, they both tasted like grease and were gross, I could not eat them. Good idea folks, you will be amazed how the junk tastes after you get away from it!!!!!

Great job!!
  • Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! When my family orders out pizza I make myself one! I use one Flat Out light spinach wrap, put a tablespoon of pizza sauce on it, 1/4 cup of cheese, and all the veggies I want. Then bake it for about 6 minutes. Great way to feel like I'm eating pizza without sacrificing the calories!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'll take this challenge!

My worst enemy used to be Taco Bell, but I stopped going there for a silly (not health related) reason. I'm so glad I did! But... I've found myself wandering to BK lately since the McDonald's is closed, and OH MY GOODNESS. I seriously need to stop. The food isn't even good!

Plus, I need to be watching my sodium more.
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So funny, this is my personal challenge that I had set for myself for June,
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is SO tempting!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh totally count me in. I gave up soda for a month that was 3 months ago.
    I feel so much better and drop weight quicker when i make my own foods.
    Yah.... Exciting

Although dominios might have think i have died lol
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    So funny, this is my personal challenge that I had set for myself for June,

Mine too. I started some threads like this back in the fall and it worked out well. I decided to do this after my Arby's lunch yesterday. Since it was the start of a new month it was perfect. The added motviation and accountability from the thread and new friends will be sure to keep me (and everyone else hopefully) on track.

Welcome all and I hope we can kick this unhealthy habit now!!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Still debating... errr.. I guess I am in! But I will make an exception for Jersey Mike's if my husband forces me to go there for lunch. :) It's basically a sub place with really fresh ingredients!