Best fast food?

Options
I've been on a Jersey Mike's roast beef and provolone kick lately and think I think that it is the best calorie-sensible fast food. Other nominations?

Replies

• vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by calorie sensible?
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I deliberately left it undefined The only definition I'll offer is something you can eat while sticking to your daily goals.Triple cheeseburger with chili cheese fries and a shake isn't.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I deliberately left it undefined The only definition I'll offer is something you can eat while sticking to your daily goals.Triple cheeseburger with chili cheese fries and a shake isn't.

I reckon I could fit a triple cheese burger with chili cheese and fries into my goals...
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Jersey Mike's roast beef and provolone kick lately and think I think that it is the best calorie-sensible fast food. Other nominations?

I'll be the first Cheeky mofo to nominate no fast food, that's just me though
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »

I'll be the second to say I can make it better from scratch.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »

I'll be the second to say I can make it better from scratch.

I'll be the first (and probably only) to say I can't.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    This is picking the lesser of many evils, lol, but I guess I'll go with Subway. Or maybe a Chicken Soft Taco without cheese from Taco Bell.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have been able to fit in Wendy's; ghost pepper fries and grilled chicken (no bun). As well as others... I don't have a "best"; it's more about what I have a taste for.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Chipotle! It can be made to fit any nutritional goals.
  • dsoucy31
    dsoucy31 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have personally been hooked on Wendy's strawberry Fields salad lately.... Half size is under 300 and full is just under 600. Bleu cheese crumbled, grilled chicken, bacon.. Yummmm
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

McDonalds McDouble.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Apple slices from McDonalds or buy a cooler fill it with ice and sliced fruit. Will be great nutritional value and faster than waiting in a drive in line.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chips from a chip shop (UK), but only specific ones. Most are mediocre at best, you've got to get decent chips or it isn't worth it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    Absolutely Chipotle! It can be made to fit any nutritional goals.

True, but they are famous for giving you more food than they should, so you're better off counting extra calories.

Personally, if I can avoid it, I avoid fast food, except Panera and local places.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I usually end up at subway. It's not my favorite but it fits in and I don't think it's gross. I get the same thing every time, 6" turkey on wheat with oil and vinegar, all the veggies, no cheese. I recently tried the egg white veggie thing from Dunkin. Barf! I should have had half a donut instead.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Carls Jr or Hardees allows you to make any burger low carb by taking away the bun and making it a lettuce wrap.

I eat fast food sparingly. Most of it is overpriced. I can get much better nutrition through grocery shopping for what I would pay for those subs and burgers. I try not to be lazy. I am not perfect at it, but 90% of the time, I make my own meals.
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favorite not-as-terrible fast food is Subway, minus bread and using egg white as the 'bread'. Funny looks sometimes from the sandwich maker, but pretty good! Others are plain grilled chicken from McD's - for me no bread or only 1 side of the bread. From Wendy's - same as McDs or sometimes I'll get a spicy chicken, plain, no bread because I like them. Also at Wendy's, plain baked potato or small chili.
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Eat whatever the hell you like if it fits your macros
  • joyB1973
    joyB1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a if I ever eat it. I like the cool chicken wrap or salad. Problem is with fast food is that everything seems high in sodium content, which I am trying to keep below 1000mg /day . ;)