Fitbit HR ???

Options
Good Morning, I'm a 61 year old female, 100 lbs overweight. I started MFP in January this year, was pretty successful, and then stopped. Gained some back (sigh) but not all, thank goodness. Now I'm back on track and I want to know about Fitbit HR. Where do you purchase this product. Do you find it intrusive in your life. I think the feedback would be great. Sort of having your own little fitness genie on your wrist. What do those who have used it for more than three months think?

Replies

• KellzNew92
    KellzNew92 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ive had mine since February. I love it! When i have the motivation i go running and workout classes, which it is great for, Its also more accurate at telling you the calories you have burnt as its using your heart rate to calculate it :)
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and I love it. I want to get the Charge HR soon, just for the heart rate monitor. I got my Fitbit almost a year and a half ago, and I love it. I never knew I had a competitive side until I got Fitbit friends and started doing the challenges. One week I got a record 100k steps just because I was determined to win!! I like how it motivated me to see all 5 little lights blink when I've hit 10k steps, and I have the negative adjustments enabled on MFP, so when it takes away calories, I tend to get my booty moving! The alarm function is great - you can set it for anything. For example - if you know you tend to be sedentary from 5-7 pm, set an alarm to remind you to get up and move around! Don't drink water all morning like me? Set an alarm to remind you to drink up!
    All in all - I love my Fitbit. Hands down!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I want to know about Fitbit HR. Where do you purchase this product. Do you find it intrusive in your life?

Fitbit makes a range of activity trackers, including the Charge HR: http://www.fitbit.com/compare

You can buy them direct or in retail shops like Best Buy. Some are worn on the wrist, others clip to your bra or slip inside a pocket. Some track sleep, and some are also heart-rate monitors.

They all calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight, and sync with MFP. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • joyB1973
    joyB1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR. Had since April 20th and so far so good. Except lately the gps isn't working correctly on the dashboard .. I think it was the last update .
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that was really helpful. I'm using the Whithing app on my iphone right now, but I think I might like to do the challenges. And I am VERY competitive (sigh)
  • NightRN25
    NightRN25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and I love it. The battery doesn't last as long as they say but I've been using fitbit products since 2012 and this is my favorite to date. I've had the flex, charge, and one previously. I don't always use it to track sleep because it gets irritating to me after awhile but it's certainly a great buy.