Do restaurants where you live always hand the check to a male?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    I'm always the talkative one, so they always come to me about the check.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Depends who asks for it usually.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    They hand it to him, and he hands it to me. I always pay, because we share the account, and he doesn't want to have to deal with the math and all that.
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    edwardetr wrote: »
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Na,, I usually go to the rest room when I see em coming B)
    I did that once with an ex who never paid. It was still sitting there when I came back. The operative word in this story being 'ex'.

I'm sorry but it serves you right. You go to the bathroom to avoid paying the bill??? Really??? You're a true gentleman huh..
    I think you missed the point. We had been going out for several years and I ALWAYS paid. I wanted to see if she would do it ONCE.

• JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    I think you should ALWAYS be prepared to pay for at least your share of the bill. If you have only have $20. in your wallet then don't order expensive wine, lobster and steak and expect your date to pay for all of that. Be considerate.
  • Pixiepower1
    Pixiepower1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Most of the time they place it on the table
  • JSurita3
    Options
    I did that once with an ex who never paid. It was still sitting there when I came back. The operative word in this story being 'ex'.

I'm sorry but it serves you right. You go to the bathroom to avoid paying the bill??? Really??? You're a true gentleman huh..
    I think you missed the point. We had been going out for several years and I ALWAYS paid. I wanted to see if she would do it ONCE.

I didn't miss the point if you didn't make it.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

He did make the point when he said "I did that once with an ex who never paid."
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    the guys I date have been the type to get seriously stroppy if I even think about paying, so I never paid much attention. I assume they'd hand the bill to whoever asked for the bill in the first place.
  • JSurita3
    Options

Yeah I got that part, hence my initial reply. It's the other stuff he added later that he didn't mention.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

Yeah I got that part, hence my initial reply. It's the other stuff he added later that he didn't mention.

• conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    quote="Michael_Lucas;33523183"]I'm always the talkative one, so they always come to me about the check.[/quote]

It actually seems like I get the check more than my husband does... I think it's because I tend to engage the server more than he does (like Michael_Lucas does), so it just seems like a matter of course to hand it to me. Just a hypothesis. I suppose I could just look like a sugar momma since my spouse is so much better looking than I am. :-P
  • bashfulgemini81
    bashfulgemini81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Majority of the time yes.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options

Yeah right,,,, who are you trying to fool? You're too cool for school. B)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    maeld51 wrote: »

Yeah right,,,, who are you trying to fool? You're too cool for school. B)

Shhhhhhhh dont tell nobody silly >:)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    bringon30 wrote: »
    The servers around here just place it on the end of the table.

Just this.
    More of this.

Unless someone reaches or asks for it.

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    90% of the time, they place it at the end of the table, between the two of us.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    I can't ever remember being handed the check while with my Ex Husband, we're talking 35 years. When I'm with a female friend, it normally gets placed in the middle and we argue over who'll pay. :)