21 day no Junk Food Challenge

Options
bigbabi74
bigbabi74 Posts: 33 Member
I just did a 21 day challenge. I lost 16.6lbs doing this challenge, and I wanted to share it with you all...hope it helps!! Stay positive determined dedicated and motivated success is in self not someone else :)

NO:
Ice cream
White bread
Candy
Cakes, pastries, muffins, donuts
Carbonated beverages
Chocolate
Chips
Cookies
Fast food

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You lost 16.6 pounds in three weeks?? That is not healthy!!
  • markeugene22
    markeugene22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ^ Not true.
  • jstyles49
    jstyles49 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Correct, I lost 15.5 in three weeks. Basically just by totaling changing my eating habits and no junk or fried foods other than my cheat day. Also, I go to the gym three times a week. It's not recommended that you lose so much weight so soon, but it also depends on what your weight is when you begin. Congrats on your weight loss
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats but how dare you put chocolate with junk food!
  • sballgirl23
    sballgirl23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ^ Not true.

Exactly. It depends largely on your starting weight.
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good for you! I bet it wasn't easy. :)
    Are you going to try to keep these things out of your diet, or just have them from time to time?
  • smurdock1991
    smurdock1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Proof that with weight loss a big part of it is our diet! Congratulations on doing this challenge and completing it :)
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You lost 16.6 pounds in three weeks?? That is not healthy!!

wow way to rain on someones parade!

Congrats!!! and keep it up!
  • KetoGirlie
    KetoGirlie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • itestere
    itestere Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to try this!!
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    Yes I lost 16.6lbs in 3wks...and before I started the challenge I spoke with my doctor and i have been monitored since. My doctor finds nothing wrong.
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    Thanks everyone and yes I plan to keep most these things out my diet. I will have chocolate every now and then. It was very hard but I had help from my fiancé, brother, and a friend. My starting weight was over 330 so it wasn't like I didn't and don't need to lose the weight!!
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    itestere wrote: »
    I want to try this!!

You can do this. Just stay positive and believe you have what it takes. When I had a sweet tooth I would eat a yogurt. Which my nutritionist said is very good for me. Whenever I craved salty and crunchy I would eat pecans or peanuts
  • renitamcphrsn14
    renitamcphrsn14 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! And keep it up.
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    Thanks
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    bigbabi74 wrote: »
    itestere wrote: »
    I want to try this!!

You can do this. Just stay positive and believe you have what it takes. When I had a sweet tooth I would eat a yogurt. Which my nutritionist said is very good for me. Whenever I craved salty and crunchy I would eat pecans or peanuts

I like this approach
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost 16.6lbs in 3wks...and before I started the challenge I spoke with my doctor and i have been monitored since. My doctor finds nothing wrong.
    You don't have to explain yourself to the haters. This is not the "I had success losing [10, 20, 30....] pounds and now I need you to critique me and give me negative comments" forum!!! It is a SUCCESS STORIES forum. Sheesh!! You did AWESOME and made very healthy choices! Bravo to you! Stick with it!
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    You don't have to explain yourself to the haters. This is not the "I had success losing [10, 20, 30....] pounds and now I need you to critique me and give me negative comments" forum!!! It is a SUCCESS STORIES forum. Sheesh!! You did AWESOME and made very healthy choices! Bravo to you! Stick with it!

Thanks I needed that comment.
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's awesome!!! I wish I had that kind of self control! I have had success cutting back on those things, just haven't been able to get past the cravings. Thanks for being an inspiration, and ignore the haters ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!