90%/10% eating rule

Options
2009jewellz
2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello. 90% eating healthy. 10% eat whatever. Anyone following this method? If you must Google it please do so and lets discuss it.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I'm more like 83%/17%.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you define healthy, whether you're eating at an appropriate calorie level, whether you're getting enough fat/protein/fiber and vitamins/minerals.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Idk my food % splits, but they're probably 50-50 depending on whose definition of "healthy" and "whatever" is being followed.
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    "Whatever" is subjective, but I approve of the philosophy.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    No, I'm afraid not. It's probably as good a rule as any to put limits on excessive junk food but I prefer an everyday/special occasion sort eating plan instead of using a percentage.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it but it sounds pretty good. My 10% would be my glass of wine each day, although that may be even less than 10%. I can't do moderation with sweets.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Too much math involved. I'm just gonna wing it so long as I deficit. My body lets me know if I've chosen wrong!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    What happens if you go to 11?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

spinal-tap-spontaneously-combusting-drummer-o.gif
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Is this 90/10 thing from the shakeolgy/beach body marketing machine? I just looked briefly, but saw shake powder being sold for like $5 per bloody 8oz!!!!!!! Expensive fake food?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Ded. :expressionless:
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    noelitall wrote: »
    umayster wrote: »
    Is this 90/10 thing from the shakeolgy/beach body marketing machine? I just looked briefly, but saw shake powder being sold for like $5 per bloody 8oz!!!!!!! Expensive fake food?

There are a few books on it with "menus" like this :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312303971?ref_=pd_ybh_1

ugh

So my measly 1350 calories of nutrition should be 135 in crap and 1215 in things my body needs? Every day?

Sorry, no, I think when you are eating at a deficit you have to maximize nutrition. Crap begets crap and bad nutrition begets cravings for crap. Is it really necessary to get a 10% sugar fix every day?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    noelitall wrote: »

There are a few books on it with "menus" like this :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312303971?ref_=pd_ybh_1

ugh

So my measly 1350 calories of nutrition should be 135 in crap and 1215 in things my body needs? Every day?

Sorry, no, I think when you are eating at a deficit you have to maximize nutrition. Crap begets crap and bad nutrition begets cravings for crap. Is it really necessary to get a 10% sugar fix every day?

I missed this. 10% of fun is what I saw; I'm guessing you can define 'fun' in pretty broad sense. Then again. . .
  • jf3334
    jf3334 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

spinal-tap-spontaneously-combusting-drummer-o.gif

My immediate thought too!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm more like 83%/17%.

Lol
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Depends on how you define healthy, whether you're eating at an appropriate calorie level, whether you're getting enough fat/protein/fiber and vitamins/minerals.

All the above, appropriate calories and enough fat/protein/fiber and vitamins and minerals. How else would you define healthy?
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Too much math involved. I'm just gonna wing it so long as I deficit. My body lets me know if I've chosen wrong!

Yep. Me too... I actually love math, but I'm not fond of applying it to my diet... hence why I let MFP do all that for me. :smiley:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hello. 90% eating healthy. 10% eat whatever. Anyone following this method? If you must Google it please do so and lets discuss it.

I don't follow any rule like that.
    I try to eat foods that meet my calorie, protein, fiber and fat goals. I try to get several servings of fruits or vegetables. I try not to go overboard with sodium. I eat what I like all the time. It is working well for me and sustainable.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

ugh

I am thankful I never had to eat crap, or get cravings for crap....I love my half a cup of ice cream made with real cream and sugar! each night.......