Shock! Horror! :-) I now eat like a thin person!

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @jaga13 I can't say I'm at the point when I can take my time eating lol...I always seem to be in a rush to get on with other things.
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well RunRuthyRun...i am at that place where you are. It has been 11mnths...i am down from 267lbs...to 195lbs. .and no it does not come overnight. ..it takes sustained effort...dedication. Keep up the Great work.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congratulations: MFP can be addicting. Me too, I have been on here a long time, and find I prefer fruit over a lot of things that I used to eat a lot of, that wasn't very healthy and loaded with empty calories. I am at goal weight now, but I keep checking in.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well RunRuthyRun...i am at that place where you are. It has been 11mnths...i am down from 267lbs...to 195lbs. .and no it does not come overnight. ..it takes sustained effort...dedication. Keep up the Great work.

@mikehardin62 congrats on your fabulous loss/ success :smile: and keep up your great work too :smiley:

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    "...my off days are better than my "good" days used to be." ...well said! @jessieleah I so agree with this too :smile:
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is really cool. :)

I am currently pondering on how I really struggle with your third point, stopping at one mouthful of tasty-yet-calorific things. It really is like a total lack of self-control, like I think one thing and my body does another. "I don't need another truffle!" *reaches for truffle* ... y'know?

I'm wondering if it's something about treats being limited among me and my siblings when I was younger, and them being first come, first served. So if I saw a treat and fancied it, if I didn't take it then it would be gone next time I open the cupboard.

Anyway, I'm determined to crack it. I'm 150 calories per day over my calories burned for the past eight days, and not having chocolate in the house is not the solution. So we'll see.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    Congratulations: MFP can be addicting. Me too, I have been on here a long time, and find I prefer fruit over a lot of things that I used to eat a lot of, that wasn't very healthy and loaded with empty calories. I am at goal weight now, but I keep checking in.

oh I've been totally addicted to mfp in my time here, I still can't stop myself checking in to see how everyone is doing even though I'm not great at being supportive these days....
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile! I've been back on the case for a couple of months, and I've fallen back into non-gluttonous eating habits with an ease that has taken me by surprise, just by thinking about what I am doing rather than just mindlessly stuffing down the next meal. My epiphany was that my sweet tooth can be satisfied with, say, 1/4 or 1/8 of a chocolate brownie instead of having to demolish the whole thing, and that I'm no longer satisfied with 'meh' foods. If I'm going to eat it, it's going to be something I enjoy :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @tkphotogirl absolutely agree with that, it has to be something really yummy :smile:
  • lilcole08
    lilcole08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to say the same thing!