Stuck for months

Options
coralp123
coralp123 Posts: 30 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hey guys, iv been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months now. Iv tried mixing my diet up, extra exercise and I'm not sure what else I can do, iv had a week off and been a bit greedy in hope it will reboot my metabolism but I feel rubbish for eating junk now. Iv only got another 8lb or so to go but I'm so frustrated with it not going. Also my legs are my problem area so if you know any miracle leg stripping exercises please let me know, kindest regards, Coral x

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat? Can you open your diary?
  • coralp123
    Options
    Hey Hun can I add you? Iv opened up my diary and no I don't weigh unless it's something like nuts or cereal x
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    coralp123 wrote: »
    Hey Hun can I add you? Iv opened up my diary and no I don't weigh unless it's something like nuts or cereal x

Sure I've sent you a friend request :) I still can't access your diary, make sure it's set to public. Not weighing is probably your problem, you may be eating a lot more than you think! Especially if you've only got 8lbs to go, it'll mean that your deficit is very small and it'll be easy to accidentally eat into it. Get some food scales and weigh everything for a few weeks and see how you get on.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

There's your problem! As you get closer to goal the margin for error with your deficit gets smaller. You're eating more than you think if you're not weighing everything. Get an electronic food scale - it should get you losing again
  • coralp123
    Options
    Thank you guys I'll get on with weighing everything, to be honest iv been avoiding doing it because I didn't want to get obsessed I was just trying to get my head into the "it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change" zone. But I want to see myself with this last 8lb off so bad, thanks for your help xx
  • coralp123
    Options
    I think iv opened it now DemoraFairy any help would be fab xx
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lot's of cardio workouts which you can do at home. Try youtube there are some great cardio dance workouts for beginners. Will slim and tone your legs in no time. :smile:
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I have been adding good amounts of more intense cardio to burn out the last abdominal fat

Sometimes that last 10 is a bad dog to fight with
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    Thank you guys I'll get on with weighing everything, to be honest iv been avoiding doing it because I didn't want to get obsessed I was just trying to get my head into the "it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change" zone. But I want to see myself with this last 8lb off so bad, thanks for your help xx

You don't necessarily have to weigh food for the rest of your life, weighing stuff now can show you how much a portion should be, so you can know for the future. Lots of people weigh food for the duration of their weight loss, then when they feel ready they stop weighing things because they've got to the point where they know how much they should eat. Personally I don't intend to stop weighing everything any time soon, when I stopped weighing stuff I put a load of weight back on, so I think I need to weigh. I don't think of it as obsessive at all, but even if you do, surely it's better than putting the weight back on!

Also (meant to mention before but forgot) remember that, with 8lbs to lose, you should be aiming for a loss of about 0.5lbs/week, which means that progress can look very slow. Especially if you're weighing weekly, since your progress can be easily covered up by fluctuations. 2 months should easily be enough time to have seen a difference so I'm not saying that's the problem here, just something to bear in mind in the future!
  • coralp123
    Options
    My partner got me a gym In our garage and I do 30 mins treadmill and bike, and weight training, squats with weight, leg press, star jumps, and abdominal weight exercises, at least 5 times a week, do you recommend upping my cardio? I really wish I loved working out
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My partner got me a gym In our garage and I do 30 mins treadmill and bike, and weight training, squats with weight, leg press, star jumps, and abdominal weight exercises, at least 5 times a week, do you recommend upping my cardio? I really wish I loved working out

Lol, I know this feeling-I hate working out, but wish I loved it!

I think at this point, you're best bet would be trying to weigh all your foods for the next couple of weeks and seeing what happens, as other people have suggested. I don't have too many pounds to lose either and was stuck for a good couple of months, but then I started weighing all my food and ban! Weight loss started again. It really is incredible once you start weighing how off portion sizes and things can be, and as @DemoraFairy said, if you only a small deficit it can make all the difference. Good luck :)
  • coralp123
    Options
    Yeah your right DemoraFairy I will star to weigh everything, I'm not a naturally slim person I think I'll always have to work for it, iv been at it for over a year now since I had my 2nd child and I'm down to a size 12 which is the smallest Iv been since I was a teenager I was always a 14-16 but I think this extra bit off will hopefully take me to a 10. Which is where I want to be. How is it you see in magazines celebs loose like a stone and drop 3 dress sizes? Iv lost 3st 8lb since May 2014 and gone down 2 xx
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    Yeah your right DemoraFairy I will star to weigh everything, I'm not a naturally slim person I think I'll always have to work for it, iv been at it for over a year now since I had my 2nd child and I'm down to a size 12 which is the smallest Iv been since I was a teenager I was always a 14-16 but I think this extra bit off will hopefully take me to a 10. Which is where I want to be. How is it you see in magazines celebs loose like a stone and drop 3 dress sizes? Iv lost 3st 8lb since May 2014 and gone down 2 xx

I know what you mean about celebs losing small amounts of weight and dropping lots of dress sizes, even on here and other weight loss sites I see people posting before and after pictures of losing 3lbs and the difference is huge, then I look at my pictures that are 17lbs apart and can't see a shred of difference.
  • coralp123
    Options
    It's devastating isn't it, I do think other people notice more than we do I still look in the mirror and see myself 3st heavier, probably a height thing too, you look fab in your pic @DemoraFairy are you at goal now x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

when you've just a few pounds left to lose we have to tighten the logging to get there, tighten that up, be as accurate as you can and aim for 1/2lb per week. Stick with it and you'll get there :smile:

As for the legs, try running, I know it made mine lean and strong :smile:
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    It's devastating isn't it, I do think other people notice more than we do I still look in the mirror and see myself 3st heavier, probably a height thing too, you look fab in your pic @DemoraFairy are you at goal now x

Thanks :D I'm not at my goal at the moment, that picture was taken a while ago when I was at my current goal weight. I put some weight back on after graduating from uni and moving back in with my parents, and I'm trying to lose that weight again now (about 12lbs to go, I was 112 in that photo, I'm 124 now).
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I don't like cardio either

I'm on the treadmill now surfing the net walking fast to burn calories

Later it will be 25+ mile bike ride

The fat does burn off. It will go away. It is just very hard to lose the last 5-10 with diet alone.

I just have it in my head each 20 miles is basically 1000 calories

So in about 200 miles as long as I'm eating in a slight deficit..... I will see half of my goal

I think having a plan you can mark your progress on helps

Your mileage may vary
  • coralp123
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @RunRutheeRun iv been thinking of joining a local jogging group maybe it will get me into enjoying it, I love pushing myself with weight training but the cardio is a slog, and I'm just being impatient but 1/2 a lb sounds so depressing, I know they add up but I guess I was to wake up and be like wow 8lb GONE! Haha
    @DemoraFairy I could only dream of being 124lb, but seriously you look fab girl
  • coralp123
    Options
    @KittensMaster wow your really hardcore with the exercise, I have 2 children and my partner works away so I do walking in the day with the kids then I have to go in the gym when iv put the little ones to bed normAlly 7pm which is probably why I'm finding it a chore I'm usually tired out, ground down by my not so angelic Angels and dreaming of a bubble bath