chicken breast ideas.

Options
2»

Replies

• AMS80
    AMS80 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Buy a bottle of Italian Dressing, pour half or whole bottle (depending on salt/calories etc..) over 4-5 chicken breasts and bake at 350 for 45 - 60 minutes. Juicy and flavorful!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Liquid Honey
    Yellow Mustard
    Yellow Curry Powder
    Butter

Mix into bowl and add to raw cubed chicken, bake for an hour at a low heat!
    asappoeun wrote: »
    if chicken breast gets boring, try extra lean ground turkey. they usually sell the 99% 1%
    And so delicious too!
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!
  • rigby619
    rigby619 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maggie's chicken strips are really good. 40 cals each just literally covered in herbs and put them in a pan with a little fry-light .... keep the chicken really tasty and sooo quick!

Loads flavors to try
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Google "healthy recipes for chicken" and you will find more recipes than you can imagine.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe on chicken breast instead of wings:

http://www.theyummylife.com/honey_teriyaki_hot_wings
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Oh man, chicken can get SO boring!! I buy the thinly sliced breasts and pound them out so they're about 1/2 inch thick (so they cook evenly). Marinate them for a couple of hours in orange and grapefruit juice, as much cilantro and garlic as you like, plus 1 tsp kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste. Cook in a lightly oiled grill pan about 5-7 minutes per side (or until done).

It can get boring, but I dnt really know what else is packed with protein that's good for lunch and dinner. U have any ideas?

@robinadams2015

Turkey burgers! I just made some for dinner the other night ~ 20oz ground turkey, appx 3/4 of a packet of dry ranch mix, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (1/2 fat free, 1/2 2%), 1/4 cup bread crumbs ~ they are appx 275 cals each, with 27grams of protein.

Greek: add spinach & feta & bread crumbs
    Chicken Parm: marinara sauce, bread crumbs, garlic powder, italian seasoning, egg: top with provolone cheese
    Thanksgiving: crushed stuffing mix, egg, poultry seasoning: eat with cranberry sauce
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Chicken/beef/turkey burgers: beat egg in bowl. Add Lipton onion soup mix and 1/2 cup ketchup. Mix. Add one cup oatmeal. Mix. Add 1 pound turkey or beef. Mix. Shape into 6 burgers. Grill on george foreman. Eat one and freeze the rest. Eat on one slice of toasted rye, cut in two.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    To make the perfect thing for salads, sandwiches and wraps... ave pimenton
    Chicken breast, I use about a kilo, boiled with no salt. Shred it once cooked
    1 yogurt, no flavour
    Red bell peppers, I use canned ones, but you can use fresh ones but boiled them a little bit.

Mix the yogurt and the peppers, I use the blender, then mix with the chicken!

:)

It should look creamy-reddish and yumie, good for both cold and hot.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Normally I just rub a little EVOO on em and sprinkle different seasonings on top. Salt n pepper, Mrs Dash, whatever I have on hand. Sometimes I'll marinate with a little balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard or italian dressing. Coat with mayo and bread crumbs. You can roll it in all sorts of crushed toppings like pretzels, cornflakes, crackers, shredded coconut.
  • get_rucked
    get_rucked Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Wow some really great recipes on here - defo will be trying some out!

In the morning i throw a chicken breast into a ziplock bag with some lemon juice, fresh thyme, chopped garlic and some salt & pepper. leave it in the fridge and when i get home from work pop it onto the George Foreman or chop it up and stir fry it.

(There's some chilli peppers in this pic because I put chilli in everything but that's not always to people's tastes!)

rb4f043fgg0l.jpg

I usually have it with some brown rice and steamed broccoli :)

Super easy and really tasty!

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Grill it and top with pesto, tomato slices and fresh mozzarella
  • cindynhamm
    cindynhamm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tammynado wrote: »
    I pour a jar of salsa on mine and cook in crock pot all day - make tacos and quesdillas for dinner, or do same thing with bbq sauce and make shredded bbq sandwiches, made chicken and veggie soup last night. I will butterfly chicken season with italian seasoning inside and out - put a slice of mozzerella cheese and slice of deli ham and bake till done... top chicken breast with pasta sauce and slize of mozzerella cheese for a lighter chicken parm taste... I cook chicken breast on george foreman and chop up in a spinach salad w strawberries, feta and rasberry vinegrette.... That's about where I get stuck .... need some newer ideas myself aside from these...

Love these ideas!
  • cindynhamm
    cindynhamm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    pili90 wrote: »
    To make the perfect thing for salads, sandwiches and wraps... ave pimenton
    Chicken breast, I use about a kilo, boiled with no salt. Shred it once cooked
    1 yogurt, no flavour
    Red bell peppers, I use canned ones, but you can use fresh ones but boiled them a little bit.

Mix the yogurt and the peppers, I use the blender, then mix with the chicken!

:)

It should look creamy-reddish and yumie, good for both cold and hot.

I want to remedy this one
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite chicken recipe at the moment...

Chicken Cordon Bleu
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 pieces • Old Pts: 8 pts • Weight Watchers Points+: 8
    Calories: 378 • Fat: 10 g • Protein: 55 g • Carbs: 8 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Sugar: 1 g
    Sodium: 813 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

cooking spray
    12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
    salt and fresh cracked pepper
    1 large egg
    2 large egg whites
    1 tbsp water
    1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
    6 slices (4.4 oz) Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.

Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.

Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.

In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.

In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.

Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.

Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/chicken-cordon-bleu.html