Options
2»

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    coralp123 wrote: »
    @RunRutheeRun iv been thinking of joining a local jogging group maybe it will get me into enjoying it, I love pushing myself with weight training but the cardio is a slog, and I'm just being impatient but 1/2 a lb sounds so depressing, I know they add up but I guess I was to wake up and be like wow 8lb GONE! Haha
    @DemoraFairy I could only dream of being 124lb, but seriously you look fab girl

Keep dieting for long enough and you could get there! :D

It is just very hard to lose the last 5-10 with diet alone.

Just to say I disagree with this. I lost the last 5-10lbs of my weight (getting down to 112lbs) with no exercise at all. Losing the last 5-10lbs is ultimately no different to losing the first 5-10, you just need a calorie deficit. It only really seems harder because you have to lose slower and you'll have a smaller deficit to work with so have to be more careful with what you eat.
  • coralp123
    coralp123 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm on it you'll see
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a season of weight maintenance actually helps tackle that last bit of weight.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster wow your really hardcore with the exercise, I have 2 children and my partner works away so I do walking in the day with the kids then I have to go in the gym when iv put the little ones to bed normAlly 7pm which is probably why I'm finding it a chore I'm usually tired out, ground down by my not so angelic Angels and dreaming of a bubble bath

We all have our challenges and you definitely have yours!!

I'm 54 trying to make my body in the shape I was at 35.

Oddly enough in many ways our bodies will adapt.

You have a big job with kids. The most important job there is.

My daughter has 4. And is working off the weight of those pregnancies while trying to take care of them

Quite honestly... It seems like an impossible task!!!

I don't see how moms do it!!

You have my admiration for trying!
  • coralp123
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm on it you'll see
  • coralp123
    Options
    Oh god it's only posting half my comment
  • coralp123
    Options
    Thank you @KittensMaster it is a grueler that's for sure and what's weight maintenance @Pinnacle_IAO x
  • coralp123
    Options
    Oh like focusing on maintaining weight instead of losing? X
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Options
    Thank you @KittensMaster it is a grueler that's for sure and what's weight maintenance @Pinnacle_IAO x
    I lost 100 pounds, and that first 30 melted off so easily.
    As things tightened up, the weight loss slowed and I kept hitting walls.
    And after a few weeks of staying at the same weight [weight maintenance], suddenly my progress would start up again.
    And the hardest weight to lose is usually that final bit :#
  • coralp123
    Options
    Oh I understand, well hopefully it'll kick back in with me weighing food, well done on loosing 100lb @Pinnacle_IAO that's a huge achievement!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Options
    Oh I understand, well hopefully it'll kick back in with me weighing food, well done on loosing 100lb @Pinnacle_IAO that's a huge achievement!
    Thanks, it was simple but very hard, and my life today is totally different in how I live and how others treat me.
    Best of luck to you!

• DeborahKilpatrick
    DeborahKilpatrick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I feel your pain, I only have 7lb to lose and have been stuck for months as well. It's really annoying! I exercise loads but it's the food that's a problem. I'm not consistent enough. In terms of weighing - I find it helpful to eat ready meals sometimes so you know exactly how many calories you're having. It's not the healthiest, but it's an easy way to do it if you're busy. I go for Marks' Balanced For You meals because they seem fresher and healthier than some of them. Keep going! I'm determined to do it, you can too.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've only got 3 kilo to loose and its a hard slog to get it off. I'm working out 7 day's a week now doing gym and lot's of cardio and I'm finally seeing the results with toning up and getting more defined. Most days I'm doing 2 hours of gruelling exercise but definitely worth it. You will get there with tight logging, exercise and determination! Good luck. :smile:
  • coralp123
    Options
    Thank guys I'm going to start weighing everything it's frustrating more than anything and as I said because of the little ones I can only get in the gym on an evening which is a task in itself but I'm determined xx