No Cake Birthday ?

Options
Birthday in 3 weeks and just coming back to MFP . Am junk food addict and need some ideas besides a cake for birthday . I don't know about anyone else but even one bite of cake will bring new meaning to having my cake and eat it too lol. I know I can put out a fruit tray but want something a little more creative . Ideas?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Go out for dessert. Have one slice of cake. Return home where there is no more cake.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Go lighter....angel food cake with berries or peaches and whipped cream.

OR have a tiny piece of your favorite...track it and move on!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with cake? If it's too much, have a cupcake.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Try Hawaiian sweet rolls with dyed cool whip on top, I hear good things!
  • Francl27
    Options

LOL
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    How about a mini cake, or 1 cupcake.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's your birthday, eat whatever you want and nothing you don't want. Cake is not a birthday requirement. I know a little boy who can't eat cake and he still enjoys his birthdays as much as anyone else.

Edited: If you are looking for something to stick a candle in, you could make mini meatloafs (ice them with mashed potatoes if you really want to get festive); egg muffins (like little omelets cooked in muffin tins); baked apples are yummy, sweet, healthy and single serving; I saw on Pinterest where someone had cut a watermelon into the shape of a cake and iced it with light Cool Whip

Just make yourself happy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Birthday in 3 weeks and just coming back to MFP . Am junk food addict and need some ideas besides a cake for birthday . I don't know about anyone else but even one bite of cake will bring new meaning to having my cake and eat it too lol. I know I can put out a fruit tray but want something a little more creative . Ideas?

fruit kabobs
    fruit salad
    baked or grilled fruit
    cake without frosting

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Recipes/Desserts/Main.aspx?evt19=1&src=hr_browsedeeper&soid=hr_coll_7
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Go out for dessert. Have one slice of cake. Return home where there is no more cake.

Yep.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Would an able food cake help? No fat!

Frozen berries (thawed) dumped over Angel Food cake is very yummy. They have lots of juice that soaks in. Very tasty.

When I went low-fat, I became a fan of the Angel Food cake.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Some bakeries you can buy a single 'gourmet' cupcake. You could go for that with a single candle.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Go out for cake- so single slice- or make/buy cup cakes.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Have cake. Bring home no cake. Log it. Win.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My daughter made me a "no sugar added" chocolate fudge cake with chocolate topping and it was amazing. I brought two cakes to work and the "no sugar added" one was gone way faster.

That said, Ive learned to just take "a bite" of the really rich stuff (1/2 a bite if its too rich) LOL ... Seems to work well for me.

Happy early BDay!!
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

lmao thanks!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or pie is a nice substitute for cake.
  • Francl27
    Options

lmao thanks!

It's good advice though. I haven't had cake in 2 years because I didn't want to have a whole cake to eat. I just went and had a cupcake this year. My husband wanted cake for his unfortunately and that ended up badly for me...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would get lots of different kinds of fruit, plus quality cheeses and crackers.