Options

Replies

• edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

OP please try a cauliflower cake.

I think this must be the saddest sentence ever.

OP, it's your birthday! And you like cake. The best advice was definitely go out, have a piece of cake in a restaurant where you most likely won't order a whole, huge cake and just dive in mouth first and NOM NOM NOM your way through it, and then come home where there is no cake.

Or get a very portion controlled cupcake.

Or a birthday tiramisu. That's what I was forced to have on my last birthday. Yeah, you heard me. Forced! :)

Or maybe cake flavored ice cream?

I was being sarcastic. Please see my reply on page one about a cupcake.

I've seen some amazing things done with cauliflower.

Who cares, it's still no cake substitute.
    I, also, was being sarcastic.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

OP, it's your birthday! And you like cake. The best advice was definitely go out, have a piece of cake in a restaurant where you most likely won't order a whole, huge cake and just dive in mouth first and NOM NOM NOM your way through it, and then come home where there is no cake.

Or a birthday tiramisu. That's what I was forced to have on my last birthday. Yeah, you heard me. Forced! :)

k
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options

And I unsarcastically was wondering what to do with the cauliflower rice I bought at Trader Joe's when I don't even cook.

• sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I say have your cake and eat it too.. It's your darn birthday!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    HMcCan1 wrote: »
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg
    I saw this on pinterest and made it for a friend for her birthday. She loved it!

This is literally the worst thing I've ever seen.

I need eye bleach.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've had birthday cake flavoured vodka before. It kind of just tasted like almonds. Yuck! On your birthday, though, everything is 0 calories, so just eat what you want. Have a cupcake if you don't want a full cake.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I cant believe no one has said this...OP you can have your cake and eat it too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I say have your cake and eat it too.. It's your darn birthday!

never mind...doh!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've had birthday cake flavoured vodka before. It kind of just tasted like almonds though. Yuck! On your birthday, though, everything is 0 calories, so just eat what you want. Have a cupcake if you don't want a full cake.

This is correct!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I adore the watermelon cake idea -- I think it's a brilliant alternative and perfect for a summer birthday. Here's another picture of one for decorating ideas if this appeals to you.

And Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day. :)
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    What's wrong with cake? If it's too much, have a cupcake.

Cupcakes are always a great idea. Single serving, no plates or forks needed. I prefer cupcakes over traditional cake.

• supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think I would buy just enough for whoever will be there that I can only have one piece, or go out and get one piece - like everyone else suggested. This should be a lifestyle change, do you want to avoid cake for the rest of your life? I guess if you absolutely can't have cake, I would just get fruit for dessert or not have dessert at all and just get a meal I don't get to have often that is pretty healthy (a substitute would just be calories that made me miss what I actually wanted).
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg

The cake is a lie!!!1!

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    how would the watermelon thing have the same calories as cake? it said it was "frosted" with light cool whip not icing.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    how would the watermelon thing have the same calories as cake? it said it was "frosted" with light cool whip not icing.

If you run a quick google search or look at the links provided previous, you get a variety of calorie ranges from 180-300 per slice. You can eat a donut, cupcake, cake slice for around the same... (yes, aware serving size variances)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    What's wrong with cake? If it's too much, have a cupcake.

Cupcakes are always a great idea. Single serving, no plates or forks needed. I prefer cupcakes over traditional cake.

I agree! I had cupcakes for my birthday parties in high school (a couple friends and parents) and they were a big hit. There's an artisan place, and they do mini cupcakes that are delicious, so you can have two bites of something awesome, or try a couple different flavours.

My mom is diabetic, and for her birthday we usually get an angel food cake with a very thin slice, 1/4 cup of ice cream (one of those 1 pint containers for 4 people over 2 days & it's gone), with fresh raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. It's a small amount, but it's delicious.

My friend just hates cake, so she's always gotten ice cream cake or just ice cream for her birthday. You could also have a sparkler or a few candles to blow out, and then bowls of fruit after the candles, especially if cake is something you don't want entering your life at all. Happy birthday!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Cupcake, mini cakes, or go out for a slice of cake or pie or whatever you truly enjoy, eat it enjoying every bite, and don't worry it's your Birthday.

Here's a great website that does delicious desserts & other recipes but scaled down. http://www.dessertfortwo.com/recipe-index-2/cakes/

Enjoy yourself and remember you don't have to be miserable or give up everything to lose weight. Happy Birthday
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Pie. Pie is better anyway.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    HMcCan1 wrote: »
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg
    I saw this on pinterest and made it for a friend for her birthday. She loved it!

Icing and watermelon do not sound like a good combo imo
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this watermelon cake. How does the icing or whipped cream stick to the side like that? I mean. I like me some water melon and whipped cream but you could just put it in a bowl and call it what it is-which is not cake.