Social Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• whee1234
    whee1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said. Pre-planning and portion control.

If I'm going to eat something that has a lot of calories (like pizza or a Reuben) I decide how much I'm going to eat before the food arrives. I tell myself that I will feel full after TWO slices of pizza or just HALF my sandwich and a few fries.

Then I take my time, eat slowly, and drink lots of water. Even if I'm having a glass of wine with the meal I always make sure to have water too. I usually leave a restaurant fully satisfied with enough food for another meal.

• whee1234
    whee1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Beyond all of the other good suggestions, eat the protein first. Choose a high protein meal and eat all the protein first. That doesn't mean you can't have a bite of your veggies or starch, but protein first.

I've done this! My fries always get cold but it totally works- it's easier to say no to cold fries, lol.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    whee1234 wrote: »
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Beyond all of the other good suggestions, eat the protein first. Choose a high protein meal and eat all the protein first. That doesn't mean you can't have a bite of your veggies or starch, but protein first.

I've done this! My fries always get cold but it totally works- it's easier to say no to cold fries, lol.

Cold fries may be the ultimate turn-off next to Brussels sprouts!

I rarely make it past the protein. Between eating slowly and engaging in conversation with my dinner mates and eating the protein first, I might make 2 bites of veggies. I never make it to the starch, which makes me and my doctor happy!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    beachbebe wrote: »
    What are your best strategies for dining out, take out, alcohol, and celebratory eating?

Planning. Club soda. Salad.