Girls Only!!!

Options
How much weight can u gain on ur Period??? Or is it Bloating? I weight myself and I put on 5 pounds!!!!!! Not good!!!! So i think is just bloating i hope!!!!! lol

Replies

• cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yup! Most likely bloating. I frequently go up between three and seven pounds in the day or two before my period....especially if I give into those pre-period salt cravings.
  • mangy123
    mangy123 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes it is water weight...you should drop it toward the end of your period or in the week after.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That's the weight from the excess liquid in your middle in addition to the water your body retains right before your period.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good!!!!! Thanks everyone i was freaking out..........lol
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost 23 lbs and have less all over, I can really tell the bloating. It sucks. I just continue on and drink my water and stay within my calories and know that within a few days, I'll be back to normal. Being a girl really sucks sometimes!
  • SpazEMcGee
    SpazEMcGee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yup yup! And hey, the more water you drink during your period the faster that water weight goes away! Seriously, I gained 2 or 3 pounds this week... I drank 14 cups of water yesterday and today my weight was back to normal... Of course, you gotta be prepared to be hitting the bathroom like every 30 minutes if you don't normally drink that much water!!
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    totally normal....just make sure you keep drinking your water....
  • xyztadz
    xyztadz Posts: 6
    Options
    i usually gain up around 7 pounds at that time month also have lots food cravings and feel sluggish :ohwell: sometimes water retenton tablets a week after period can be good i used 2 take them
  • gray2405
    gray2405 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    On average....how much water should we have?
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I was up 3 pounds this week from the bloating until I drowned myself in water and TOM eased off. SO frustrating isn't it?!?
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is good to know. I thought I was abnormal. Now I realize that I don't have to worry that I've gained 3 lbs overnight. Lol
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You will get used to seeing those numbers go up every month. I freaked out at first, but now I am so used to the normal fluctuations during a regular week that I can tell exactly one day before I start each month. All of the sudden I am up 2 pounds no matter how well I did during the week. Then magically 1-1/2 weeks later back down with an additional loss.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options

One of the forum about how much water to drink says the baseline should be take your weight and half it. That's how many ounces of water you need in a day. THEN add 8 oz of water for every 30 minute you work out, and 8 oz of water for every 8 oz of non water drinks you have. When I calculated how much water I should be drinking, I was shocked at how much I had to drink!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    5lbs is quite typical. You're good.
  • gray2405
    gray2405 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

One of the forum about how much water to drink says the baseline should be take your weight and half it. That's how many ounces of water you need in a day. THEN add 8 oz of water for every 30 minute you work out, and 8 oz of water for every 8 oz of non water drinks you have. When I calculated how much water I should be drinking, I was shocked at how much I had to drink!

Dang...I would have to drink water 24/7 if I based it on my weight!!!! I would be floating for sure....LOL