Lunch ideas!

Options
tercasey
tercasey Posts: 45 Member
Hi Everyone,

does anyone have any ideas for lunch that doesn't involve bread? I do love salads thankfully but something different would be good.

I leave my house at seven am to travel to work and I don't get back until seven pm at the earliest after sitting at a desk all day with hardly anytime for a lunch break which makes me reach for unhealthy snacks. I'm breaking that habit!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Terri

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    pita? tortilla? too close to bread?
    yogurt, veggies, cottage cheese, ham/turkey and cheese wraps
  • cfranklin10
    cfranklin10 Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lemon pepper tilapia, small sweet potato with lite butter and sauteed zucinni or steamed brocoli is always a great lunch for me! Its about 300 cal, 13 carbs, 5 fat, 21 protein, 154 sodium, and 3 sugar.I cook it the night before and just reheat takes about 11 min total to cook the night before!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    We like Fit and Active cheese sticks and Oven roasted turkey lunch meat (5 pieces). Both are right around 50cal for their serving size. You can also add the baked crackers (3 different flavors), I can't recall the brand, but 24 count is a serving for 120cal. I like to add an apple or a cup of cherries as well.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you have a fridge and microwave you can batch cook things like soup, stew, chili, stuffed peppers, stuffed zucchini, burgers, meatballs, burritos, etc. and freeze them in individual portions to take with you to work.
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone! It's the boost I needed. Crazyrave your lunch loooks amazing! What did you cook your chicken in?
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Today's lunch for example... very typical for my everyday eating at work.... around 300cal.
    i-8v3rvpL-M.jpg

If you have a fridge and microwave you can batch cook things like soup, stew, chili, stuffed peppers, stuffed zucchini, burgers, meatballs, burritos, etc. and freeze them in individual portions to take with you to work.
    soup is a great idea!