Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Drinking water is boring?

yes, sooooooo boring

I use mio, crystal lite, minute maid, or teas/tisanes
  • rdmitche1
    rdmitche1 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You guys can all be my friends. Those were great answers, not like some of the other posts I have read. The MIO I use says 0 calories. (Too Bad the can't make a Mio that tastes like Pepsi or Dr Pepper!!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    ferryjl wrote: »

This is where I use herbal teas. Fruit tinsanes can be naturally sweet, but I don't have a problem adding stevia if I want it a bit sweeter.

I knew nothing of Fruit Tinsanes. Thanks for the mention - looks like I will head to the health food store.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    read something by dr mark human about how artifical sugars set you up for diabetes. So I don't use them. I only drink plain water I save my calories for pizza and cheeseburgers.

I'm assuming you actually meant Dr Mark Hyman? If so, he's a total woo doctor. His only aim is to mislead people and sell books and detoxes to make money. He practises 'functional medicine' (which is complete pseudoscience) rather than actual medicine. Artificial sweeteners won't 'set you up for diabetes'.
    Unless you were being sarcastic (so hard to tell...) in which case, good going!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    read something by dr mark human about how artifical sugars set you up for diabetes. So I don't use them. I only drink plain water I save my calories for pizza and cheeseburgers.

I'm assuming you actually meant Dr Mark Hyman? If so, he's a total woo doctor. His only aim is to mislead people and sell books and detoxes to make money. He practises 'functional medicine' (which is complete pseudoscience) rather than actual medicine. Artificial sweeteners won't 'set you up for diabetes'.
    Unless you were being sarcastic (so hard to tell...) in which case, good going!

Never heard of him before, so I had to Google him. Just another crackpot "doctor" with an agenda, prostituting his profession in the name of money. He goes on the "woo" list with other such snake oil peddlers as Dr. Oz, Mercola (aka MercoLOLa), etc.

As to the OP - nothing at all wrong with water enhancers such as Mio. They contain artificial colors and sweeteners in very small amounts, none of which are harmful to you.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    ferryjl wrote: »
    What is Mio? Interested in adding something to water as long as no artificial sugars or calories!! Thx
    I add a squeeze of lemon or lime to water. You can purchase fruit infuser/water bottles so you can use any kind of fruit you love to flavor your water.