Struggling to find a balance...

Options
I am 37 (female). Since jan 2014 I have lost around 60 pounds on weight watchers. My highest was 187, my lowest was 123. I want to stay around 125. I am a distance runner (well, not 26/2,but 13.1 for sure). I log between 25-30 miles of running a week (4 days running, two days of cross training-hiit or body pump and one rest day) I also do single leg squats/exercises as prescribed by my physical therapist for about 30 min per day for IT band syndrome. My pr for 5k is 22:53, 10k is around 51, half 2:02.

Here's my question. Since I started mfp in May I have put on about 5ish pounds. I have actually started eating way better (not perfect by any stretch) less processed foods, more protein, paying attention to my macros vs just making sure I stay within my points. I eat about 2-2200 cal per day, which is what I got when I put in maintain weight and active (I am a stay at home mom, but I literally almost never sit down)...I almost never eat exercise calories unless I am really hungry (usually on long run day). My legs feel a little bigger, pants still fit fine. When I look back at my net calories it doesn't seem like I am over doing them. What gives? I know this isn't exactly about exercise, but I thought a forum with other athletes might give me a better idea of what is going on than another one.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Maybe switch from active to lightly active?
  • kellyjmeyer885
    kellyjmeyer885 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I should mention that if you are looking at my food diary we were traveling Thursday-Saturday so I wasn't totally in control of my intake as far as choices
  • kellyjmeyer885
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Maybe switch from active to lightly active?

I just went in and did that and it went from 2,230 down to 1,740. I put it back to active and it went to 1,990. It has always been wonky when I have changed things around. So if I do that it would be a net calories of around 1,200-1,300 on an average day if I don't eat back my exercise calories. Does that seem right? I thought that was more like a weight loss range. I am fine staying where I am at right now, but I would like not to gain much more
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, it looks like you are eating too much. When you put in that you are active, you are accounting for the workouts. I see that you are not eating all of your exercise calories back but you are eating some of them back. If MFP gave you 2200 based on the fact that you are active then you shouldn't be eating over that. I would either switch to mildly active and eat some calories back or keep it as is and not eat any calories back.
  • kellyjmeyer885
    Options
    From what I can see, it looks like you are eating too much. When you put in that you are active, you are accounting for the workouts. I see that you are not eating all of your exercise calories back but you are eating some of them back. If MFP gave you 2200 based on the fact that you are active then you shouldn't be eating over that. I would either switch to mildly active and eat some calories back or keep it as is and not eat any calories back.
    I will give that a try and see how it goes. Thanks!