Support, motivation, tips, and tricks!

Options
Need some support and motivation! Lets keep pushing people, you CAN do this!!! Nurse with some nutritional background. Can help with some tips, tricks, and motivation! This should be a FUN journey!! Lets GO! :smile:

Replies

• rosenda9375
    rosenda9375 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love your motivation and energy :) I'm new to MFP and am also on a medical weight loss program thru my doc..... Rather stringent but I made some adjustments! I'm currently on Phentermine 1x daily and she originally wanted me to do 1 meal and 2 protein shakes daily, NO carbs, sugar, tons of water etc. I felt horrible the first 3-4 days, drained and starving :( they want me to stay within 900-1000 cal/day range and I've been doing around 1000-1100 and I'm not cutting out carbs totally, just doing a lot less and when I do it's usually whole grains, doing 2 meals daily with breakfast being my largest and smaller late lunch and then I walk a mile daily. I know her concern was my triglycerides and cholesterol were high and so she put me on Crestor. But I want to do this in a healthy way and I can't live on shakes my whole life lol!! I have noticed inches gone and pounds have come off but do you think I should do their plan exactly?
  • megpal24
    megpal24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love your motivation and energy :) I'm new to MFP and am also on a medical weight loss program thru my doc..... Rather stringent but I made some adjustments! I'm currently on Phentermine 1x daily and she originally wanted me to do 1 meal and 2 protein shakes daily, NO carbs, sugar, tons of water etc. I felt horrible the first 3-4 days, drained and starving :( they want me to stay within 900-1000 cal/day range and I've been doing around 1000-1100 and I'm not cutting out carbs totally, just doing a lot less and when I do it's usually whole grains, doing 2 meals daily with breakfast being my largest and smaller late lunch and then I walk a mile daily. I know her concern was my triglycerides and cholesterol were high and so she put me on Crestor. But I want to do this in a healthy way and I can't live on shakes my whole life lol!! I have noticed inches gone and pounds have come off but do you think I should do their plan exactly?

Well I would need a bit more info, like alleviation a you take, complete medical history, I wouldn't ask you to do that publicly. I would want to undo what your doctor who knows you has done but with that being said... My professional opinion can be used as advice to take into consideration.
    The is no such thing as a no carb diet... BUT you can do a LOW carb diet (currently I am on one as well) all food groups have carbohydrates BESIDES protein with the exception of nuts. If you want to loose 1-2 lbs per week you should calculate your total calorie intake per day allowance and then subtract 500. So to get that number it's your weight in kilograms (your weight divided by 2.2) multiplied by 25, then subtract 500 and that should be your target goal. If your doctor is going more aggressive that's more between you two. If you do eat some grains in the day whole grains is actually the best because you get more nutrients from it, because it's not processed. Your plate should be half fruits and veggies then about 3 oz of protein and some grains, brown rice isn't too bad. Your meals sound great. Breakfast is a great way to jumpstart your metabolism in the morning! Your walking sounds awesome too! You getting in 1000-1100 isn't way off track from what your doc said so I wouldn't beat yourself up over that either! Small frequent healthy snacks during the day instead of just two meals will boost your metabolism as well... Nuts, fruits, veggies. I think I have hit all key points that came to mind and I hope that helps! When your done with the shakes I would do the frequent snacks inbetween smaller meals (healthy) choices. I'm understanding the shakes are to help jump starts you then your should stop and continue healthy habits because you are correct living on shakes is not ideal! Hope I've helped!
  • megpal24
    megpal24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Excuse my typos !!! I would need your medications and I would NOT want to undo what the doc has done!!!!! Lol so sorry!