Options
2»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    125 pounds? that's all you're pulling as an 18 year old male? even if it's kg- that's only 275 pounds converted.
    You might need to get on a program- and or eat a little more.

Anyone will see gains if they do NOTHING then go to something- might be time to try a real program- but something seems off if you're only pulling that little- that's just not that much.

I pull just under 3 plates (130kg) for 1 rep.
    I've been training for a year, with only 6-7 months deadlifting and squatting.

I've gained over 22lbs of muscle since i started.

I have long legs and bad mechanics for squats and deads.

do 5x5's instead of 3x5's until you see some progress, and then go back to whatever.

Its 5 sets of 3, with a 90% working weight for AMRAP leaving a few in the tank.

I train 6 days a week, so plenty of volume.

lol how is that working for you
    Is a 700lbs total bad for a 160lbs kid? I though it was okay considering I haven't been training for PLing for long?

My starting weights were:

Bench: 50kg
    Squat: 45kg (no joke)
    Dead: 60kg (also no joke, SRS)

So ive come a long way

I don't get why you're saying 'no joke' by some lifts... everyone starts somewhere - it seems you're focused on what other people think of your lifts??
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    125 pounds? that's all you're pulling as an 18 year old male? even if it's kg- that's only 275 pounds converted.

Anyone will see gains if they do NOTHING then go to something- might be time to try a real program- but something seems off if you're only pulling that little- that's just not that much.

do 5x5's instead of 3x5's until you see some progress, and then go back to whatever.

Is a 700lbs total bad for a 160lbs kid? I though it was okay considering I haven't been training for PLing for long?

So ive come a long way

I don't get why you're saying 'no joke' by some lifts... everyone starts somewhere - it seems you're focused on what other people think of your lifts??

It was working great, I was putting weight on every workout. Not so much any more. I've taken this week off (sorta) and switched to a more pump focused do what you want kind of training.

No joke because....
    Someone above was saying that my Deadlift was weak, just demonstrating that I've come quite a way in 6 odd months.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

So ive come a long way

It was working great, I was putting weight on every workout. Not so much any more. I've taken this week off (sorta) and switched to a more pump focused do what you want kind of training.

No joke because....
    Someone above was saying that my Deadlift was weak, just demonstrating that I've come quite a way in 6 odd months.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - switch to 5x5's until you see progress or get on a 5x5 program... that's all I'm going to say.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    more pump focused do what you want kind of training.
    That's your problem.
    Do Candito's Program as written for a few cycles, don't skip the deloads.
    http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My advice: get on a real program and follow it. You don't know what you're doing to try to do your own thing. That was my mistake 20 years ago. I wish I could go back in time and kick my own *kitten* for that.

eta: Why is this in "Food & Nutrition?"
  • ThomasWright1997
    Options
    OK. Whatever. I'll jump on a program.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

So ive come a long way

No joke because....

I'm a 165 pound female pulling more than you- yeah it's not bad- but you're an 18 year old dude- you could be pulling almost 500 if you just got on a program.

So get on a fricking program and stop complaining that you stopped you're newb gains- it happens to everyone.
  • ThomasWright1997
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    more pump focused do what you want kind of training.
    That's your problem.
    Do Candito's Program as written for a few cycles, don't skip the deloads.
    http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

Ok, I was thinking of giving that a go.