I deleted all my friends.....

Options
mkdm291
mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
A few weeks ago, I deleted all of my friends on MFP. Not out of malice, annoyance, or spite. Rather, I did so out of embarassment. I didn't want to be on this site AGAIN and saying I am starting over. However, I am on this site again and saying that I am starting over....
I turn 40 in a few weeks. OUCH. I am 5'4 and 148 pounds. The weight is most recent (last night) and I weighed myself after a 10 day vacation with my family. I'm praying that some of that being water weight, but who knows... I need to keep it real. I can't even describe what "water weight" is. ;) I'm sure the beer and great food has played a bit of a role!
I have registered for a 1/2 marathon at the end of September that I know I am not ready for. However, I am not at the point of backing out yet.
I want to lose about 20 pounds. I have two kids and working out is a challenge (child care purposes). I actually have a babysitter today, so set to start again in an hour!
So... for those who recognize me that I have deleted, SORRY! Please add me again. If there is anyone out there that is motivating and/or shares similar goals, please feel free to add me.
I intend to go into my 40's leading a healhy lifestyle for my children...........

Replies

• lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "Get healthy" is exactly right. Eating primarily plant-based foods for the last 2+ years has helped my health significantly. In the 1st few months I went from 240 to 200. I'm 190 now still losing weight. Health 1st. Weight loss follows.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm sad that you felt like you had to delete all of your friends because this isn't your first time on here. Guess what? It's not my first time here either! We are humans and things/life happens and that is certainly nothing to be embarrassed about! A lot of people are in the same boat as you (wanting to lose weight) so we are all here to support you, regardless of your ups and downs! Good for you for coming back here to make a change :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    bandbmc wrote: »
    I intend to go into my 40's leading a healhy lifestyle for my children...........
    What does "leading a healthy lifestyle" means for YOU? How do you hope to feel, move, act differently as a result?THIS is your motivation. Burn it into your brain. Then DECIDE to do whatever is necessary to accomplish it. Then DO it. Discipline of DOING things leads to "motivation" because it leads to results. Think about your motivations morning, noon, and night. Because you have a CHOICE to continue as you are for the next 40 years, or to change your life NOW and enjoy life that much more. Good luck!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    The road of success is paved with the stones of failure.
    welcome back!
    <3
  • mkdm291
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And thank you for the quick friend requests. The words of wisdom and motivation mean everything to me!
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    welcome back!
    <3

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am in my 40's and am also 5'4. Am currently 158 and fabulous. lol I just keep pushing forward. Life happens, no biggie. Just jump back in the game and aim for progress not perfection.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    bandbmc wrote: »
    I didn't want to be on this site AGAIN and saying I am starting over. However, I am on this site again and saying that I am starting over....

You're not starting over--You're simply resuming the journey. You already know how to do what you need to do, and have done it before.

After my vacation in June, I was up 3.5 pounds. I started eating at a deficit, and was down six pounds in three days from water weight. It bounced back up most of the way as my body adjusted to being down 300-600 calories from what it needed to maintain, but it's been a sure and steady decline since.
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I waited a whole year before actually trying again. I am 5'2 and was about 144 lbs 2 months ago. I am down to 132 lbs and feeling proud of myself because I am getting closer to my goal. I dropped the "baby weight" now trying to get rid of the extra pounds I accumulated before kids. Be patient and keep on logging!
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothing but a thing.....LOL. Twenty pounds is really not all that much. You'll be done in no time at all. Just a little bump in the road really.
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off again. I'm finally motivated to stick to it. I have 13 pounds to go. Add me as a friend if you like !
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    welcome back!
    <3

Couldn't have said this any better! Welcome back!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS,,, glad you changed your mind, do not give up, you need better friends who know how you are truly feeling and can give you the strength you need.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why would you delete your friends? If/when I fall, my friends drag my butt back up AND vise versa. That's why we're friends.
  • mkdm291
    Options
    It was a moment of weak embarassment. I was ashamed to come back AGAIN and say "I'm back AGAIN!". It has basically been quite a few times. I certainly don't blame anyone that I was friends with... actually there were a lot of great motivating people there. I got into a momentary phase of "I can do this by myself...." Clearly, I was wrong about thatI regret doing it. I was in a bad spot for a moment.... I'm feeling much more positive now....