Unofficial MFP Spokesperson (No More Excuses)

Options

Replies

• mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Keep it 100....:heart: It!!!!! def' feeling this post....*fist bump*....
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well said...and so true! Talking about non-weight loss excuses: A while ago I actually had a collegue tell me that her doctor recommended that she NOT do exercise because it's bad for her metabolism. Her personal metabolism. She shouldn't exercise because it makes her gain weight. Now, I don't want to have bad thoughts, and I'm completely uninformed, but is something like this even possible?:huh:
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    the bull$hit you're feeding me is putting me over my calories for the day.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it! Would you be offended if I used your line? I know so many places where your words would be totally accurate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    makes me laugh when ppl don't have time....I run my own cake making business from home whilst caring for my 5 children, 3 of which are under 5, and I manage it because I really WANT to lose weight instead of just whinging about it....works finishes, children sleep :)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same page as all of you! When someone asks, "how did you do it?" I say, "Oh I have this application called My Fitness Pal, it is amazing!" They usually run to their phone and download it, and think just by downloading it the weight will come off.

Even worse is my coworker who was all talk still, "hasn't had time to download it," because 10 seconds is just way too long for her.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! We should make you an official spokesperson. You summarized everything so well!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    LOVE this.
    Excuses are a dime a dozen.........I used to have a million of them!
    We all know until these people get it in their head to JUST DO IT, they will keep making the excuses!
    Thank God we all decided to back up our thoughts with ACTION!!!!!!!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! This post is just what i needed!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    LOVE this.
    Excuses are a dime a dozen.........I used to have a million of them!
    We all know until these people get it in their head to JUST DO IT, they will keep making the excuses!
    Thank God we all decided to back up our thoughts with ACTION!!!!!!!

Excuses ARE a dime a dozen. I used to have 43 pounds of them before MFP!
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hallelujerrrrr!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    well said man!

and what about the haters?
    why is it that because I always make the time to work out atleast 5x/week I'm addicted to exercise?

No, I'm taking control of my life. Don't make me an addict cause you're a lazy *kitten*.
    Lost 40lbs of long overdue baby weight before joining MFP and I won't give up until the final 13 are gone.

Kudos Fellow Spokesperson!
    :drinker:
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I love it friend!. I laugh so loud my co-workers looked in my office. THis is so true.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    LOL, that was too funny but true. Love this post!
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all you said! Losing weight is just like a job...you do it because you want the rewards.
  • veedee
    veedee Posts: 26
    Options
    like, like and like!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So true! Luv it!:bigsmile:
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I bought some locally made tortillas at a produce stand in Dixon, CA on my way home from the airport. These were already in the database. After that I knew any complaints about the database were likely invalid.
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't want to, or isn't ready to, they'll find a million excuses not to do anything. It's not hard to log calories, but it can be hard to be honest with yourself about how many calories you need to log!! Much easier to believe other people have a magic secret!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Agree 100% and proud to be one of your friends on MFP! :smile: