Finding it hard to keep going

Options
I've been loosing weight for two months now and I've been on mfp for a few days and I'm still struggling to keep going my partner has been helping me with exercise recently but I just wanna quit can any one help to keep me going I'm not at me target goal I've lost 3 stone so far and I want to lost 1 and a half more so I'm at a dress size I'm comfortable with right now I'm between sizes and I want to give up and gain weight again to go from being between sizes HELP!!

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not being motivated. Talk with family and friends and ask for it. You will always get it here, but you need it from your loved ones as well.
  • zoddles111
    zoddles111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There all supporting me really well there change there diet to help me and my sister is coming on bike rides and speed walks with me to keep me motivated but I'm still finding it difficult to not give up
  • dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to dig down deep and find that bad *kitten* inside yourself and keep going!
  • zoddles111
    Options
    Cheers Diana birth tough love >.<
  • dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling overwhelmed or a little out of control?
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Don't be one of the people who start something and give up when it gets a bit tough. Remember why you started. You give up now and one day you'll look back and say "what if I'd kept going" *kitten* that. "What if" is the question that sums up a wasted life. Dedication breeds results, every single time.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're giving yourself a favorite treat within your calorie goal. It's impossible in the long run if you eliminate all your favorites!
    People with the most success, treat themselves-some do it everyday! As long as you're at a reasonable deficit and eating what you like, it won't seem like you're "on a diet", and therefore more likely to stay the course!
  • zoddles111
    Options
    I'm overwhelmed I'm in control of why I'm doing I do treat myself I do everything to keep it as much like a diet as I can but also eat everything I want to eat and I'm thankful to everyone saying so much to me to keep me motivated
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Think of how far you've come! How much effort you've put in! I've found it helpful to think in terms of dedication and commitment rather than motivation. Motivation fluctuates but I've decided that I'm doing this, so it's happening. I have many days where it feels very difficult, I'm over it, sick of monitoring what I eat, go over my calories but I just keep going.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Your plan has been working for you. Keep following the plan and you will continue to lose.
    Maybe you need to kind of "feel" the success. Do you give yourself little rewards to honor your accomplishments?
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would suggest to take a break and eat at maintenance for 2 weeks. Enjoy it like a little holiday but don't give up. After 2 weeks you start again.

Some time back I did WW and lost quite a lot of weight. Then I gave up because during my vacation I put on a pound .... you can imagine what happened with my weight ...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hang in there!!, you can do it!, stay strong!
  • zoddles111
    Options
    Cheers all it feels good to know you support me I tried the two weeks away from it a little while ago and it made me want to give up more and I do eat what I want I just do exercise to burn off what I've eaten I do give myself little treats every now and then Mondays are my sugar days I have hardly any sugar everyday except Monday where I have chocolate or a bag of sweets but cheers for the support
  • kimchiprawn
    kimchiprawn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This isn't just about us losing weight right? It's also about our nerve and strength being tested over long term. The whole experience is shaping you in more ways than physically. The walls will keep coming and they'll probably get bigger and tougher, and each time you face it head on and summon that inner strength from within you'll just get stronger and it'll all help deal with life in general. It's meant to be this hard, and I can understand why you'd want to quit because it just can be that hard. We don't have to always be 100% on, ready to face life's challenges. It's ok that you feel that way. Well done for getting this far :)